Ghostdrums

The Heroes Of Coweta County, Book 1

Pub Date 30 Nov 2016 | Archive Date 31 Dec 2016

Marine Veteran, Marcus Lincoln, returns home after almost being blown to bits. His physical injuries are nothing compared to his mental state. He now sees the ghost of his best friend. In need of R & R he rents rooms from a landowner in small town Georgia. However, the landlord looks nothing like he imagined.

Victoria Silvershade is a spirit seeker. She wants to start a foundation that will allow her to help spirits who have not crossed over. And it just so happens, she has her own troupe of ghosts residing in her home. To bring in money, she rents out part of her house to Marcus, but fails to tell him his new landlord is a woman.

When her foundation sponsors begin to turn up dead, Victoria, Marcus, and their combined ghost family try to find the killer. But will they succeed before they become deceased themselves?

A Note From the Publisher

Military, Paranormal, Romance, Suspense, Ghosts

Military, Paranormal, Romance, Suspense, Ghosts

EDITION Ebook

Links

was an ok read just not for me couldn't quite get into it

Not set

Wasn't quite sure what this story was going to be about, but once I got into the mystery and the romance it was hard to put down. I would suggest the author either add more about the cleansing ceremonies, or less. She gives enough where I questioned and expected more, but then she had gone on to other parts. I liked the sexy Marine, and the ghosts, especially the General. Hope the author continues with this story, as I would like to read about the P.I. finding his own love interest. Good story and author, and I highly recommend this book.

Not set

This is a hard review to write. I requested this from Netgalley thinking it was a mystery. What I got instead was a romance novel with a sprinkling of ghosts and a dash of a mystery in it. Not that there's anything wrong with romance novels, it's just not my cup of tea. As such, I don't think I can give this a rating. Since I'm not a fan of romance novels, I don't think it's fair to assign a rating based on that preference. The book is well written, with likable characters and I can see how romance fans will enjoy the likable characters and entertaining plot. The mystery part of it, who's sabotaging Victoria's business and why was entertaining, although not very developed. As the romance is the main focus of the story, the mystery part of it was pretty transparent and easy to figure out. Still, I stuck with it until the end because I wanted to see how it all unfolded. I also enjoyed the ghosts and I would love a whole book dedicated solely to Victoria's investigations. Marcus's story of why his friend Frank is haunting him was heart-wrenching, and I did enjoy that. Overall, if you're a fan of romance novels, particularly romantic mystery novels, you will enjoy this.

Not set

Not entirely sure how to describe this book. Sitting on the tram yesterday I knew exactly what I was going to write for my review and sitting in front of my computer and the keyboard I have no idea. It was an okay read for me. The author put a lot of thought into creating something unique and in this case it did work. I love myself a tortured hero and Marcus Lincoln is one but he starts to heal. It doesn’t help that he sees the spirit of his best friend who died in Afghanistan. He rents a flat away from his family to deal with his issues. Victoria Silvershade is a spirit seeker. She is currently setting up her own company to help those spirits that aren’t moving on but want to be heard. To help her out financially she rents out the rooms in her house to Marcus. Someone is out to sabotage Victoria’s business but Marcus helps her to get to the bottom of the situation. I liked the eerie feel it had to it. But I felt as if the scenes were rushed and that we also jumped from scene to scene. The characters are well developed although they didn’t also have smooth interaction with one another but they worked it out in the end. Sweet book and a nice filler for in between books.

a good romance. interesting plot and characters. Thanks

I love ghosts in my books I read,and this was perfect,it had everything, suspence,romance.I highly recommend it.

Interesting story about a wounded returning Marine, who has a whole lot of issues he is trying to work through as he convalesces from his wartime injuries. To help with his healing, the Marine, Marcus, moves into a house owned and rented by a Native American woman, Victoria Silvershade, a spirit seeker, who is trying to start a business to help spirits who have not “crossed over” to do so. In addition, Marcus is working through his problems, which include his contact with his dead friend, adding to the concept of Victoria’s spirits and lending to the eerie nature of the book. Both Marcus and Victoria, along with the spirits who reside in the house, try to figure out who is killing Victoria’s foundation sponsors. This is an interesting story and one that was not like most other romances/mysteries I have read. Still, though there is a strong element of mystery, the mystery is not the main focal point for the book. Also, the answers to the mystery are rather transparent, so I found little mystery there. I think I would have preferred more mystery in the story, though the romance between Marcus and Victoria was well done and interesting. The basic premise of the book was a good one and one that is rather unique and creative. Still, I think a book that was a bit longer may have helped flesh both the romance and the mystery out better. I received this from NetGalley to read and review.

Victoria listens to spirits that come to her and wants to help them move on. Marcus returns wounded from military service and rents an apartment in Victoria 's to heal . Together they must find the mystery of the murders happening. Interesting characters and story line to keep the reader turning pages until the end. Ebook from netgalley and publishers with thanks. Opinions are entirely my own.