The Haunting of Hotel LaBelle

Fantasy Romance, Ghost Story

EDITION Ebook

Links

Not set

The Haunting of Hotel LaBelle by Sharon Buchbinder was a paranormal romance with a lot of twists and turns that kept me turning the pages. Tallulah Thompson is an independent hotel inspector with a gift. Lucius Stewart is a man who was cursed over a century ago on the day that he obtained his dream of owning the Hotel LaBelle. These characters were well developed and the history and background of the Billings, MT area was excellent. The plot was fast paced but fully developed and each character brought another element to the story. Tallulah and Lucius are both smart and strong. Their growing relationship is sometimes humorous and sometimes painful as they both must face Lucius' past. I will definitely be looking for more from Ms. Buchbiner. I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book from The Wild Rose Press via NetGalley.

Not set

This author has been on my radar for a while, but I've put off reading her books because I'm not that into paranormal. But in this book, she combines some of my favorite things–old houses, handsome ghosts, American Indian culture, and dogs. How could I resist? Talulah Townsend has a gift of being able to help people move along to the next world when they die. She clears the air in old houses and hotels while the buildings are being renovated. But she is not prepared for the Hotel Labelle and its gorgeous ghost-in-residence, who isn't a ghost at all, merely trapped in time. Lucius is luscious–all you could ask for in a hero. Mix in the fact that his descendants are part Crow Indian and you have the perfect story. And that's what this story is. Perfect.

very well written and entertaining paranormal love story, which is usually not a genre I favor but this one is pretty darn good. It's a fast read with a lot packed in. Buchbinder has a nice turn of phrase and a sense of humor. I'd like to see more from Tallulah. Thanks to netgalley for the ARC.

Lucius Stewart built Hotel LaBelle in 1905. He was in love with a Crow woman. The very day he got the hotel’s deed, the mother of his beloved, a Crow medicine woman, visited him with the sad news that his beloved was dead. She then cursed Lucius, to remain stuck between two worlds until he finds a true love, to whom he gives his heart. Enter Tallulah Thompson, a free-lance hotel inspector, who has been hired by the current hotel owner to help him figure out what needs to be done to the hotel to make it a tourist attraction in today’s world. Tallulah and Lucius meet and find themselves attracted to each other, though no one can see Lucius except Tallulah and her pug, who always comes along on Tallulah’s work excursions. What follows is a fascinating, often humorous, story of two people who try to make a go of things—Lucius to get Tallulah to fall for him and Tallulah to get her job done while trying to figure out what exactly her relationship with Lucius is and can be. Added to the mix are a rather unscrupulous hotel owner, who hired Tallulah for help with his hotel, and the Crow medicine woman’s and daughter’s descendants. The story moves along easily and fast-paced. It was interesting to see how the author managed to have a romance begin, grow and come to fruition between Lucius, who is in limbo between two worlds, and Tallulah, who is grounded in this world. All the characters, main and supporting, were well developed and true-to-life. It was also interesting to watch the author mix history and toady’s world so easily and seamlessly. I have not read anything else by the author, but, after this book, I will definitely look for other works. I received this from NetGalley to read and review.

Title: The Haunting of Hotel LaBelle Author: Sharon Buchbinder Published: 11-16-2016 Publisher: The Wild Rose Press Inc. Pages: 156 Genre: Mystery, Thrillers & Suspense Sub Genre: Fantasy & SciFi; Horror; Romance; Paranormal; Ghosts ISBN: 13: 9781509211548 ASIN: B01LXK295J Reviewer: DelAnne Reviewed For: NetGalley Rating: 4.5 Stars I received a copy of "The Haunting of Hotel LaBelle" from NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for my honest review. Description From the Publisher: When hotel inspector, Tallulah Thompson, is called in along with her pug, Franny, to investigate renovation delays, she meets an extremely annoyed and dapper turn-of-the-century innkeeper. The only problem is he’s in limbo, neither dead nor alive, and Tallulah and the pug are the first to see him in a hundred years. Cursed by a medicine woman, “Love ‘em and Leave ‘em Lucius” Stewart is stuck between worlds until he finds his true love and gives her his heart. When he first sees Tallulah, he doesn’t know what he’s feeling. Yet, her stunning beauty, and feisty attitude pull him in. With the fate of Hotel LaBelle on the line, Tallulah with the help of a powerful medicine woman turns Lucius back into a flesh and blood man. She and Lucius team up to save the hotel, but Tallulah can't help but wonder if he will ever let go of his past love and learn to love again. My Review: When is a ghost not a ghost? When a powerful Crow medicine woman filled with grief exiles the person to limbo, neither living or dead. Lucius Stewart fell in love with the Hotel LaBelle and ended up costing him his unborn son and wife, the medicine woman's daughter. After over a century of limbo, finally someone sees and acknowledges him. Tallulah Thompson and her pug Fanny have come to inspect the old hotel and get it ready for the new owner, Will Wellington. Then complications set in. She realizes Lucius is not a ghost, Will is unscrupulous, and she's going to need help to bring Lucius back into the real world. Sharon Buchbinder has created well rounded and realistic characters for readers to enjoy. The plot is laid out to move smoothly from scene to scene. Flowing quickly to keep the readers interest. Who has not heard something unexplained or just seen something just out of the corner of their eye? So many questions floating around. "The Haunting of Hotel LaBelle" may answer a few of the hows and whys for you. My rating is 4.5 out of 5 stars. Take a break and enjoy the possibility of legends and maybe.

What a great read! I was pulled in from the first page and could not emerge until the end! For a paranormal romance it has all the elements that I like. The characters are strong and the plot line thickens with many layers. The story unfolds at a fast pace and you are captured in your imagination until the very end. For romance, passion, life and exciting mystery with curses and more this is a read for you! Enjoy for it really is unlike many other stories out there. The writer is definitely talented and it shows on every page. I was given this book in return for an honest review. Anna Swedenmom