My Favorite Word: Arcane

Pub Date 15 Nov 2016 | Archive Date 31 Mar 2017

What’s one of your favorite words?

Mine is arcane. Here, I’ll use it in a sentence… I’m writing an arcane story. One that you should share with all of your friends.

What’s one of your favorite words?

EDITION Paperback
ISBN 9781944715106

Thank you. Enjoyed it. Will purchase copies for family and friends.

The concept of the book is very clever. I was a bit sad that it's so short. I tried scrolling for a few more seconds before realizing that it was over. I would really like to see this as a series of books (I hope that's the intent of the author). This would be a great gift for a child.

I like the idea of this book, but I wish it had been executed a little differently. It would be nice if at some point the definition of the word were given (or at least better clues). I think it could be a fun series if there were more characters, each with a favorite word.

A beautiful and captivating read that will definitely engage young readers . The illustrations were beautiful and unique. I loved it and would recommend it to everyone.

Not set

Text alternates with paintings as a little girl—seemingly too little to know a word like that—tells of how she wishes her friends would be nicer to her, even if it takes arcane magic. The poor dog is wondering what she’s doing with his bones. It’s definitely cute and worthwhile, but I’m not sure the target audience would learn the actual meaning of the word through this. It’s not exactly spelled out, and seems to be used for many different things throughout.

Not set

A beautiful and delightful children's book. I hope this becomes a series, with a different character with a different favorite word for each letter of the alphabet. I look forward to buying this book to share with my family and friends!

Clever idea for enhancing a child's vocabulary by using fun and playful scenarios. A few more hints to reveal the meaning of the different usages of "arcane" would be helpful, as would a definition at the end for parents. I ended up having to look up "arcane" while reading, as I was unfamiliar with a few of its usages.

My kids liked this book. The definition was sort of lost to them but it was nice being able to explain it. I think it would be kind of cool to write more books like this with different cartoon characters where each person has their own word that is their favorite. Maybe a group of friends in a book that share favorite words?