Buzz Books 2017: Young Adult Fall/Winter

Pub Date 16 May 2017 | Archive Date 26 Jan 2018

Our seventh edition of Buzz Books: Young Adult gives readers the special excitement of being at BookExpo. Join publishing insiders to be among the first to sample the best in forthcoming young adult novels months ahead of their actual publication. At the end of most excerpts, you will find a link to the full galley on NetGalley! Librarians, booksellers, bloggers and reviewers rely on Buzz Books to survey breakout titles on the horizon, and now regular book lovers get the same insider-access.

These substantial pre-publication excerpts reflect a broad spectrum of today’s young adult writing, from fantasy and romance to science fiction and humor. You will discover debut writers to put on your radar, while enjoying early samples from some of the biggest authors in the field.

Award-winning and New York Times bestselling author Kwame Alexander offers Solo, a YA novel written in poetic verse, while #1 New York Times bestselling author Marie Lu of the Legend series introduces a sci-fi thriller. Multi-New York Times bestselling author Jen Lancaster’s YA debut features a seemingly perfect small town that is rocked when one student’s suicide becomes a suicide clusters.

Debuts include a fantasy about time (Everless), sci-fi romance (Your One & Only), and a feminist reimagining of the Snow White fairytale (Girls Made of Snow and Glass).

Start reading the bestsellers of tomorrow right now to see why reviewers rave with comments like this:

Buzz Books are just like a box of chocolates, you open it and you can smell the wonderful aroma and they all look so good that you don’t know which one to pick. My advice: pick them all. All the excerpts in this volume will appeal to many types of readers. There’s fantasy, love, hatred, fights, and even comics.

Then spread the word: your friends and family can download this free edition of Buzz Books at any major ebookstore or at buzz.publishersmarketplace.com.

For broader reading, check out Buzz Books 2017: Fall/Winter, also available now, for 40 excerpts from top forthcoming adult fiction and nonfiction titles: http://netgal.ly/DiJeDh

PRICE

Not set

Buzz Launch never failed me. Thank you so much. It's helpful for book bloggers, librarians, and media who supports books.

Not set

Buzzbooks! I love and adore you and am stoked for all of the exciting titles coming out. Eeeekkkk!!! I am especially excited for “All Rights Reserved” by: Gregory Scott Katsoulis and “Girls Made of Snow and Glass” by: Melissa Bashardoust. They both sound amazing. Keep up the great work!

It is very useful for book bloggers who are searching for an interesting read.

These all look so interesting!! Can't wait to read some of these, I can't believe I'd only heard about a couple of them before. I liked that there was a lot of variation in the types of YA too. 2017 looks set for an exciting end.

Not set

As always, Buzz Books has released a selection of great excerpts. I was thrilled to read excerpts from books I was already aware of and excited for - Beasts Made of Night, Girls Made of Snow and Glass, Warcross, All Rights Reserved - and I was pleased to find that I enjoyed them all immensely. I think All Rights Reserved is going to end up being a favourite of mine.

Not set

Wow! I am loving Warcross, Girls Made of Snow and Glass, The Gatekeepers, and so many more. This is a great addition of buzz books. 2017 is an awesome year for books!

Thank you for the previews! So many exciting titles. I'm especially really looking forward to reading 'Girls Made of Snow and Glass' - it seems amazing!

Looks like a lot of great books coming this year! Looking forward to some of these selections.

Wonderful to see the diverse range of books on offer in this genre. Definitely an interesting selection, very interested in some of them. Thank you for this. So appreciated!!

This was the best edition of Buzz Books in recent memory! The Young Adult Fall / Winter 2017 Edition is packed full of wonderful book excerpts from talented authors... some of the authors are completely new to me, and some are old favorites (like Marie Lu!) It opens with an excerpt in prose, which I nearly swore I would never read a book in prose again, but it hooked me right from the start. I felt like I could hear the spoken words as the story unfolded. Thanks for providing this as an eARC. I added a lot to my TBR pile today.

Awesome for references as ever, highlighting books I didn't even know were coming out and helping me understand the feel of them!

Not set

Amazing selection of books! Added heaps to my TBR!

Not set

While I didn't find myself attracted to quite as many of the YA offerings this time around, I love that YA is broken out in the seasonal additions and will continue to look forward to each seasonal addition of Buzz Books.

Super useful as always, I can't wait for these releases, most look so good. I loved it!❤❤

There are so many new releases to get excited about in the upcoming season. A feminist retelling of Snow White (GIRLS MADE OF SNOW AND GLASS)? YES PLEASE AND THANK YOU. A world dominated by clones (YOUR ONE AND ONLY)? SIGN ME UP! Nigerian-influences fantasy (BEASTS MADE OF NIGHT)? MORE PLEASE. This sampler almost has me craving cozy sweaters and hot chocolate. (Almost but not quite. I'm most definitely a warm weather girl.)

When ever I see a new Buzz Books is available I run to it!! I love the idea of getting exposed to a book I normally wouldn't pick up. I have found wonderful new to me authors this way and it's so easy to request an ARC with the link at the end of each excerpt. Keep up the good work!!

I loved reading the summaries of the upcoming YA novels. I am extremely excited to read many of the featured books and have added multiple to my TBR list. It is wonderful to get a sneak peak at these books because it helps shape my future reading goals and trends. Thanks for providing this amazing compilation to me - I thoroughly enjoyed every word.

Very Informative about the upcoming books coming out this fall!

Not set

Always exciting to see what books I have to look forward to. Never disappoints!

Not set

Definitely interested in a lot of these releases. I'm reading an arc of Girls Made Of Snow and Glass right now, and it's just as fabulous as promised. Marie Lu's book and Marieke Nijkamp's book both look so amazing, and I was glad to get excerpts from them. Aside from that, I enjoyed the excerpt Solo, which I hadn't heard of until now. I hope none of them disappoint.

Thought this was really helpful and fun to look through. Lots of new books on my TBR now :)

Not set

There are so many books in here that I'm looking forward to. I'm especially interested in Girls Made of Snow and Glass, All Rights Reserved, The Gatekeepers, and All Things New.

Not set

This annual excerpt anthology always gets me excited for things to come this Fall and Winter!

I found some new books to read from this collection and I can't wait to get to some of them. I would definitely recommend checking it out.

This was so cool and I added so many books to my list that I have to own! I love getting to read the first chapters of some of these books and really getting a feel for what the story will hold for me!

Like always, as super helpful in finding information on upcoming releases. If you have trouble keeping up to date with the YA community these are a must!!

So many great excerpts from books that I'm looking forward to! I've been waiting for this new seasonal preview since the Spring/Summer collection.

Not set

Love to read snippets like this. It helps in planning what the media center where I work can and should order.

Not set

Very excited to get my hands on these books! Especially for Girls Made of Snow and Glass and Your One and Only! Really cool to get to taste the vibe of new books long before they come out.

Not set

Very informative. Great to get more information on upcoming books.