Navigating Life, Loss, and the Road to Success
by Lisa Lisson
Pub Date 17 Oct 2017
An inspiring book for readers of Sheryl Sandberg and Arlene Dickinson
Lisa Lisson’s life seemed perfect: she had married her high school sweetheart, applied her marketing degree to a position at FedEx Express Canada, and risen to become a vice president (and would ultimately become president) of the company. One night, after putting their four children to bed, her husband, Patrick, marvelled that their lives seemed perfectly happy.
Just a few hours later, everything changed.
One moment Lisa was sleeping beside Patrick, and the next, she was kneeling on the floor beside his unconscious body frantically administering CPR. Patrick had had a massive heart attack and was in a coma, and the doctors were blunt: there was no hope. But for the next two years, Lisa stood by his side and awaited a miracle, while continuing to balance life as a high-powered executive and mother of four.
Part leadership guide, part memoir of loss, and part personal empowerment primer on how to achieve your goals no matter what the universe throws at you, Resilience is an inspirational story about how to rise to the top in a man’s world, triumph over adversity, lead a fulfilling life, and live each day with purpose and gratitude.
“Lisa tells a courageous and powerful story of combining love, pragmatism, determination and passion to create a life in which, despite tragic adversity, she grows to become her best self — both at work and at home — and a role model for us all.” — Kathleen Taylor, Former President and Chief Executive Officer, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
- Will work in conjunction with Arlene Dickinson’s Venture Communications team, including cross-promotion on their community pages and collaboration on marketing efforts.
- Pitching author profile in women’s magazines, like Elle, Glamour, Cosmopolitan, and O, The Oprah Magazine.
- Pitching to business publications, like Women in Business, Financial Post, Forbes, and Fortune.
- Pitching to major dailies (life and business sections).
- Interviews on TV morning and daytime talk shows, as well as on a variety of radio programs.
- Ad confirmed in Publishers Weekly Fall Announcements.