Saved

Pub Date 19 Dec 2017 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #Saved #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

He saved her life…she saved his soul.

Garrett Hawkins is the most valuable asset to his Special Forces unit, because, frankly, the guy doesn’t care if he lives or dies anymore. Since the love of his life, Sage Weston, was kidnapped and killed with her medical unit a year ago, Garrett has turned the shell of his soul into the armor of a finely tuned fighting machine. Being the first tapped for the unit’s craziest missions is just fine by him. The less time for memories and the agony they carve into his soul, the better.

It’s a plan that works, until Garrett’s world is upended one night in the jungles of Thailand. Memories become reality when the unit is called to rescue a group of kidnapped aid workers, and they discover Sage and her teammate among the retrieved women. Now that Sage is back in his arms, Garrett doesn’t know what to do. He has changed in dramatic ways, especially in the darker tastes of his passion. If he touches Sage again, he’ll want to claim her, restrain her...dominate her.

Is Sage’s love strong enough to let Garrett back in, not only as her fiancé but her Dominant? Can she trust that visiting the new shadows of his life will lead her to ecstasy and not ruin? Or can Garrett’s discipline be exactly what her soul needs to find its way back to life—and love—again?

He saved her life…she saved his soul.

ISBN 9781947222229

The WILD boys of special forces are back! Angel Payne’s has brought back her WILD Boys and given them new life and new covers. There are also rumored to be new stories coming to the series, which has now been renamed Honor Bound. Book one is the story of Garrett and Sage. Garrett has been in mourning for the past year thinking Sage is dead, and he gets the surprise of his life when he finds out that Sage is alive when he is one of the woman he rescues in Thailand on a mission. Garrett brings Sage home, but there are a couple of problems. One, Garrett denies his dominant nature, even though Sage wants him to control her in the bedroom. And her kidnapper isn’t quite shut down like she thinks he is. This was just as great a read the second time around as it was the first time around! I loved all of the characters, and I’m totally looking forward to reading the rest of this series again!

I’m not sure what I was expecting with Saved the first book in the Honor Bound Series. I choose this book because I have read another book by Angel Payne and loved it and instantly knew I had to read more by her. This book started with a bang and just keep going. In the beginning it became abundantly clear that this book was going to take you on emotional highs and lows. My heart broke for Garrett. He loved Sage so much and then lost her. Not only did her loss her but also his whole reason for living. He became a shell of a human being. Sage was the perfect match for Garrett but after being gone for so long and basically coming back from the dead they had to find a new way to be together. This book had so many great moments. I loved the strength of all the female characters and the realization the male characters could also use time to heal from past wounds. I loved Sage in the way that she was not going to give up on Garrett and was willing to try new things to keep them together. I am so excited to read Zeke and Rayna’s story and then Ethan’s story.

Saved - Honour Bound by Angel Payne This story interested me from the beginning, with its story connections to Special Ops, humanitarian workers and human trafficking but I wasn’t prepared for the emotional connections that Angel Payne was able to establish in just the first few chapters. Garrett and Sage both have their demons but when they are ripped apart by a human trafficking ring leader, both are set to test their limits. Garrett throws himself into his operations with his team, thinking the love of his life is dead and buried after a year, while Sage and the other captives must survive the inhuman conditions of their captors. Exploring some darker subtexts like BDSM and the brutality of the traffickers, these subjects were handled with great discretion and care by Angel Payne. Some seriously rough and tumultuous situations scattered through the story but underlying it all is a deep seeded passion and love between Garrett and Sage. The supporting characters add some nice balance and a little humour in some very dark situations and I particularly liked Zeke’s smart mouthed banter with Garrett and Rayna’s deep friendship with Sage. Overall and enjoyable read that I’ll certainly follow with the next in series. Thank you to Angel Payne, NetGalley and Waterhouse Press for the opportunity to review.