Wheels of Wisdom
Life Lessons for the Restless Spirit
by Tim and Debbie Bishop
Pub Date 20 Jun 2016
Pub Date 20 Jun 2016
Talking about this book? Be sure to tag it using #WheelsOfWisdom #NetGalley
Find out why Publishers Weekly called this award-winning book “a road map for life.” It has won first place in both inspirational and devotional genres.
Looking for more out of life?
After three tours totaling over 10,000 miles, Tim and Debbie Bishop have discovered wisdom and truth from the seat of a bicycle. In Wheels of Wisdom, the authors share the life lessons they learned on the open road.
In each lesson of this book, you’ll find practical insights, inspiration, and encouragement—along with personal reflection questions that will help you:
- Adopt the right mind-set
- Conquer fear, worry, and inaction
- Overcome obstacles
- Relish life’s journey
Certain principles are universal whether you are bicycling across America or chasing your own lifelong dream.
Wherever you are in life, Wheels of Wisdom will give you a fresh perspective and new motivation for your own adventure. So, pack up your dreams and passions and come enjoy the ride. It’s time to learn on the open road!
“Those looking for a road map for life can get directions from the Bishops…. The coauthors, who are volunteer coaches for TheHopeLine, share stories and insights cleverly separated into six thematic sections…. The book incorporates faith without unnecessary preaching.”
- Publishers Weekly
· Sharing in Tim and Debbie's adventures leads one to consider how matters of everyday faith, preparation, decision-making, and perspective affect us not only in the moment, but throughout our lives.
- Dr. John Giannini, head men’s basketball coach at La Salle University
· If you want to enjoy an engaging read while also being challenged to think about things bigger than yourself and beyond the next moment, then you’ve opened the right book.”
- Dave Anderson, Director of Rescue for TheHopeLine
· I found myself pulled into the stories and jealous of the rich life lessons Tim and Debbie were experiencing. Wheels of Wisdom is a wonderful story of adventure, filled with romance, humor, insights, and a reminder that we are all privileged travelers in this world of wonder.
- Dan Miller, New York Times best-selling author of 48 Days to the Work You Love
· “Impressively well written … compelling and thoughtful…”
- Midwest Book Review
· “... This book will help readers shift their perspective, confront their fears and inner demons, face life with more courage and openness, and learn to enjoy the surprises that occasionally come their way. ... Tim and Debbie Bishop make a beautiful offering that will enrich the lives of many. It is encouraging, inspiring, and uplifting. ...”
- Readers’ Favorite
· Winner, 2017 National Indie Excellence Awards, Inspiration
· Gold Medal, 2017 Readers’ Favorite International Book Awards, Devotional
· Bronze Medal, 2018 Illumination Book Awards, Devotional (behind two gold-medal books by New York Times best-selling authors Sarah Young and Christine Caine)
· Reviewer’s Choice, November 2016, Midwest Book Review’s Small Press Bookwatch