Hidden

Pub Date 26 May 2018 | Archive Date 24 May 2018

Talking about this book? Use #Hidden #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Psychological Thriller, Women's Fiction

CAN A SELF-HELP AUTHOR HELP HERSELF?

An authority figure, Mrs. Dinah Bradley is a tell-it-like-it-is therapist turned self-help author. Her provocative book teaches women how to rediscover the love within. But what lies within Dinah are nightmares and faulty memories.

Dinah chooses to focus on her promising career instead of listening to the little voice telling her something is wrong. Triggered by secret recordings and a stalker threatening to expose her, she is forced to confront the past.

Afraid of the unknown and afraid of the truth, Dinah must choose between who she was and who she wants to be.

Psychological Thriller, Women's Fiction

CAN A SELF-HELP AUTHOR HELP HERSELF?

PRICE

Wow. What a journey I just took! This is one thing about women, no matter their race or heritage or even cultural background, women are strong even when they are weak. Ms Janai does an excellent job with this book. I don't want to go I to too much detail because one should really experience the range of emotions for oneself, and I would be giving too much away because the main character, Dinah, is so real. And what happened to her is equally real and is happening to some woman as I'm writing here. I found myself feeling sad for her, getting angry with her, being baffled by her and cheering her on, sometimes at the same time. I strongly recommend that women in particular read Hidden. We hide too much. Sometimes we tend to not know what we're hiding until it all gets too much. In the end, you are the only face in the mirror staring back at you (not crazy ass people they sometimes have a lot of faces staring at them. I'm talking about reasonably normal people). I also found the discussion questions very insightful. This is not only a good book. It deals with topics that many women pretend not to care about, or won't face. Brilliant work, this. I've asked for a copy of Hidden, and I try to leave a review for every book of fiction I read. Voluntarily.