The Good Sister

Pub Date 02 Oct 2018 | Archive Date 13 Sep 2018

Talking about this book? Use #TheGoodSister #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

A young woman leaves her life in London behind, to fight for the only cause she truly believes in. But what happens when she discovers that it's not everything she dreamed it would be?

Morgan Jones' heart-stopping thriller, The Good Sister, sees one father go further than he ever knew possible, to rescue a daughter who doesn't want to be saved.

A missing daughter. A desperate father. A journey to save them both.

Sofia Mounir's world is not her own. Her mother is sick, her father broken, the London they live in is dying of greed and self-obsession.

So she flees, to Raqqa: heart of the caliphate, foundation stone of a just world that she will help to build. From violence and sacrifice will grow something beautiful, and she will be part of it. Her faith will be equal to everything asked of her.

Until it isn't. Until it becomes clear that not all her new brothers' and sisters' intentions are as pure as her own. Until even her faith becomes a liability.

Where do you turn, when the future you've longed for wants you dead?

Author Bio:
For over a decade Morgan Jones worked for the world's largest investigations company, where he specialized in Russian matters and international disputes. Under the name Chris Morgan Jones, he wrote three novels about that world: An Agent of DeceitThe Jackal's Share and The SearcherThe Good Sister is his first novel writing as Morgan Jones. He lives in London with his wife and two children.

Morgan Jones'...

PRICE CA$29.99 (CAD)

Send To Kindle (PDF)

I really liked this book. It was really well written and I enjoyed the plot line immensely. It's twists and turns kept me so enraptured throughout the story. Highly recommended to anyone who loves mysterious stories.

A very thought provoking story told from the perspective of the father and the daughter. I must say this is not the usual sort of book that I usually read but I’m so glad I did. It’s such a heart wrenching story of a father’s unconditional love and the extreme danger he is prepared to face to bring his daughter home. His daughter had left their home in London to go to Syria to join what she believed to be her true religious cause. Her belief in her religion was pure. Very powerful and moving story. I’m happy to have had the opportunity to read this novel Thanks to NetGalley for a copy of this in exchange for an honest opinion