Superman of Smallville
by Franco Aureliani
Pub Date 03 Sep 2019
Talking about this book? Be sure to tag it using #SupermanOfSmallville #NetGalley
Acts of awesomeness are happening around town. People are being rescued, runaway tractors stopped, and fires extinguished. This is all in a day's work for the hero known only as "Superman." But who is he, really?
Thirteen-year-old Clark Kent knows. He has a super-secret--one his parents are constantly worried will get out. Clark promises to be extra careful, but when random objects begin to take flight and disappear, his parents threaten to ground him. Except he's innocent! If Superman isn't responsible...who is? Join Clark in this hilarious adventure as he sniffs out the real culprit.
From New York Times--bestselling and Eisner Award-winning creators Art Baltazar and Franco, comes a fun, whimsical story featuring young Lana Lang, Lex Luthor, and of course Clark Kent.
• Part of extensive marketing campaign for the launch of DC Books for Young Readers, with $500k marketing budget
• Featured title at ALA Midwinter 2018
• The third book from DC Zoom, DC's new middle-grade imprint
• Physical galleys made available for libraries, independent bookstores and retailers
• Local author book signing events
• Galley mailing March 2019
• Digital galleys available on Edelweiss and NetGalley March 2019
• Trade advertising campaign including Publishers Weekly, School Library Journal, Shelf Awareness and Booklist
• In-book advertising and national print and online advertising: Facebook, Goodreads, Library Journal, Shelf Awareness
• Ingram and Baker & Taylor graphic novel supplements
• Promotion on dccomics.com; goodreads.com
• Promotion through DC Comics social media and DC Kids accounts (Facebook, Twitter, blogs)
• E-blasts with links to digital galleys sent to bookstores, libraries and media
• Excerpts made available on DOGOBooks
• Goodreads and Bookish giveaways
• Promotional co-op allowance
• Promotional posters available