Aquaman Vol. 1: Unspoken Water
by Kelly DeConnick
Pub Date 13 Aug 2019
Talking about this book? Be sure to tag it using #AquamanVol1unspokenWater #NetGalley
He's lost his kingdom. He's lost his memory. He may even have lost his mind. He is Arthur Curry, the Lord of Atlantis, a founding member of the Justice League...and he has no idea where he is, how he got there...or how to escape.
The maritime monarch has washed up on the shore of a remote island where nothing is as it seems. In the mysterious town of Unspoken Water, the people fear the wrathful sea. Aquaman befriends an enigmatic young villager named Caille--but he dreams of a redheaded woman with whom he shares an unbreakable bond.
But even as his queen Mera attempts to locate the amnesiac Arthur, a new enemy is rising out of the depths...
A new era for the Sea King begins in Aquaman Vol. 1: Unspoken Water! Join the all-star creative team of Kelly Sue DeConnick (Captain Marvel, Pretty Deadly) and Robson Rocha (Supergirl, Teen Titans) as they take Aquaman deep into uncharted waters!
Collects Aquaman #43-47 and dozens of behind-the-scenes skeches!
• National Media Campaign including National Public Radio and national print features and review coverage.
• Extensive online support including Entertainment Weekly, USA Today, PopMatters, IGN, CBR, and various comic book blogs and pop culture sites.
• National advertising campaign: Goodreads, in-book advertising, Comic Book Resources, IGN, Newsarama, College Humor, Hero Complex, latimes.com, The Onion
• Digital ARC available April 2019
Trade advertising campaign includes Shelf Awareness and Booklist
• Email blasts sent to libraries, retailers and media
• Ingram and Baker & Taylor Graphic Novels catalog advertising
• Promotion on dccomics.com; goodreads.com
• Goodreads giveaway
• Promotion through DC Comics social media (Facebook, Twitter, blogs)
• Support at trade book conferences and comic shows
• Promotional graphic novels poster and bookmarks
• In-store co-op advertising
• In-book advertising on DC Comics periodicals