Batman: Nightwalker (The Graphic Novel)
by Marie Lu
Pub Date 01 Oct 2019
Talking about this book? Be sure to tag it using #BatmanNightwalkerTheGraphicNovel #NetGalley
This action-packed graphic novel based on the New York Times bestselling book by Marie Lu transports readers to the shadowy gates of Arkham Asylum, where Gotham City's darkest mysteries reside...and which now threatens to imprison Bruce Wayne.
A ruthless new gang of criminals known only as Nightwalkers is terrorizing Gotham and the city's elite are being taken out one by one. On the way home from his 18th birthday party, newly minted billionaire Bruce Wayne makes an impulsive choice that puts him in their crosshairs and lands him in Arkham Asylum, the once-infamous mental hospital. There he meets Madeleine Wallace, a brilliant killer...and Bruce's only hope. Madeleine is the mystery Bruce must unravel, but is he convincing her to divulge her secrets or is he feeding her the information she needs to bring Gotham City to its knees?
Adapted by Stuart Moore and illustrated by Chris Wildgoose, this graphic novel presents a thrilling new take on Batman before he donned the cape and cowl.
• National Media Campaign including National Public Radio and national print features and review coverage.
• Extensive online support including EW, USA Today, Pop Matters, IGN, CBR, and various comic book blogs and pop culture sites.
• Trade review campaign including Kirkus, Publishers Weekly, School Library Journal, Library Journal, and Horn Book Review
• Part of extensive marketing campaign for the launch of DC Books for Young Readers, with more than $500k marketing budget
• Feature title ALA Annual 2019
• Physical galleys made available for libraries, independent bookstores and retailers
• Galley mailing June 2019
• Digital galleys available on Edelweiss and NetGalley June 2019
• E-blasts with links to digital galleys sent to bookstores, libraries and media
• In-book advertising and national print and online advertising: Facebook, Goodreads, Library Journal, Shelf Awareness
• Trade advertising campaign including Publishers Weekly, Shelf Awareness, NetGalley, Edelweiss, Booklist and School Library Journal
• Ingram and Baker & Taylor graphic novel supplements
• Promotion on dccomics.com; goodreads.com
• Promotion through DC Comics social media (Facebook, Twitter, blogs)
• Excerpts made available on DOGOBooks
• Goodreads and Bookish giveaways
• Promotional co-op allowance