Our Baby Was Born Premature (The Same Way He Was Conceived)

Pub Date 15 Sep 2019 | Archive Date 01 Oct 2019
Run Amok Books, Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA), Members' Titles

Talking about this book? Use #OurBabyWasBornPrematureTheSameWayHeWasConceived #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

OUR BABY WAS BORN PREMATURE is a uniquely conceived memoir rendered in “super-tweets.” Begun by the stand-up-comedian-cum-author as a way to work out the complex and anxious feelings that an expecting/new parent goes through, Alexander offers up fresh insights into the perils and joys of parenthood, ranging from amusing to hilarious to keenly observant to chaotically reflective. It’s page after page of belly laughs for new parents, soon-to-be-parents, and never-wanna-be parents alike.

A Note From the Publisher

paperback ISBN: 9781732709768

paperback ISBN: 9781732709768

Advance Praise

"A humorous commentary on life about a child from newborn (preemie in Alexander’s case) through age five. People at any stage of parenthood will be able to relate and enjoy the entertaining thoughts and actions from Paul Alexander. A page-turner from a comedian that will have you comparing your own experiences and relating to the good and not-so-good times of parenthood."
— Rachel Dehning, Seattle Book Review

"They say don't meet your heroes. I've decided to make Paul's son my hero so I won't feel obliged to meet him. That kid is trouble! The way I see it, reading this book is way more enjoyable than having a kid. So, the choice is yours."
- Mike Gandolfi, Actor and Emmy-winning comedy writer