Pub Date 21 Jan 2020
Talking about this book? Be sure to tag it using #GreenLanternLegacy #NetGalley
Thirteen-year-old Tai Pham lives in the apartment above his grandmother's store, where his bedroom is crammed with sketchpads and comic books. But not even his most imaginative drawings could compare to the colorful adventure he's about to embark on.
When Tai inherits his grandmother's jade ring, he soon finds out it's more than it appears. Suddenly he's being inducted into a group of space cops known as the Green Lanterns, his neighborhood is being overrun by some racist bullies, and every time he puts pen to paper, he's forced to confront that he might not be creative enough or strong enough to uphold his ba's legacy.
Now Tai must decide what kind of hero he wants to be: will he learn to soar above his insecurities or will the past keep him grounded?
• National Media Campaign including National Public Radio and national print features and review coverage.
Extensive online support including Entertainment Weekly, USA Today, PopMatters, IGN, CBR and various comic book blogs and pop culture sites.
• Trade review campaign including Kirkus, Publisher's Weekly, School Library Journal, Library Journal, and Horn Book Review
• Featured launch title for DC Books for Young Readers
• Extensive marketing budget for the launch of DC Books for Young Readers
• Featured title at ALA Midwinter 2018, ALA Annual 2019, Book Expo 2019 and NCTE 2019
• Physical galleys made available for libraries, independent bookstores and retailers
• Galley mailing August 2019
• Digital galleys available on Edelweiss and NetGalley August 2019
• Sales kits distributed August 2019
• In-book advertising and national print and online advertising: Facebook, Goodreads, Library Journal, Shelf Awareness
• Shelf Awareness dedicated issue, DC Books for Young Readers, Fall 2018
• Trade ad campaign including Publisher Weekly, School Library Journal, Shelf Awareness and Booklist
• Ingram and Baker & Taylor graphic novel supplements • Promotion on dccomics.com; goodreads.com
• Promotion through DC Comics social media (Facebook, Twitter, blogs)
• E-blasts with links to digital galleys sent to bookstores, libraries and media
• Goodreads and Bookish giveaways
• Promotional co-op allowance
• Promotional posters available