On the Mystery of Being

Contemporary Insights on the Convergence of Science and Spirituality

Pub Date 28 Nov 2019 | Archive Date 16 Jan 2020

Talking about this book? Use #OnTheMysteryOfBeing #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Who are we? What is our place in this vast and ever-evolving universe? Where do science and spirituality meet?

If you've pondered these questions, you're not alone. Join some of the most spiritually curious and renowned minds of our time for an exploration into the mystery of being. From founders of the Science and Nonduality (SAND) conference, Maurizio and Zaya Benazzo, On the Mystery of Being brings together an array of visionary spiritual leaders, psychologists, philosophers, scientists, teachers, authors, and healers to celebrate and explore what it means to be human.

This beautifully arranged collection of essays and insights highlight topics on the convergence of spirituality and science, weaving scientific theory and spiritual wisdom from some of the most influential thinkers of our time-including Deepak Chopra, Rupert Spira, Adyashanti, and many more-with pieces that get straight to the heart of the matter.

As a powerful antidote to our chaotic and materialist modern world, this dazzling volume offers timeless wisdom and new insight into humanity's age-old questions. On the Mystery of Being also reveals the cutting-edge explorations at the intersection of science and spirituality today. May it encourage your spirit, challenge your mind, and deepen your understanding of our interconnectedness.

Advance Praise

“Good news! Non-dual consciousness and radical embodiment are not mutually exclusive. Maybe you, like I, have known this all along; known it in the cells of your own holy body, touched this truth in the depths of silence, live it and teach it and forget and remember it. This collection of luminous essays points us beyond language to the undifferentiated field of being that turns out to be nothing less than Love Itself. Enter.”
 —Mirabai Starr, author of Wild Mercy, and translator of Dark Night of the Soul

“In this glorious compendium of thinkers who live and work on the frontiers of the art and science of consciousness, we have a book that opens portals to worlds that astonish while advancing the human mind and spirit. For in these pages, we are met with numinous knowledge and priceless wisdom from those who have ‘been there.’ Here, too, is the paradox of living in a biodegradable space-time suit and being the universe in miniature. Ultimately, these essays constitute a kind of a text for those who have ‘consciously’ enrolled in God School! Thus, what you read here both inspires and signals a new and possibly saving agenda for the human species and the Earth we dwell upon.”
 —Jean Houston, PhD, chancellor of Meridian University, chairman of the United Palace of Spiritual Arts, researcher and teacher in human capacities and social artistry, and author

On the Mystery of Being is a testimony to the courageous and openminded spirit of inquiry that characterizes the Science and Non-Duality community.”
 —Rupert Spira, teacher of Non-Duality and author of several books, including The Nature of Consciousness and Being Aware of Being Aware

PRICE £12.99 (GBP)