BHC Press 2019 Young Adult Teen Fiction Sampler

Pub Date 26 Jul 2019 | Archive Date 03 Sep 2019

Talking about this book? Use #BhcPress2019YoungAdultTeenFictionSampler #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Take an extended look at the young adult & teen fiction titles released and yet to be released in 2019 from BHC Press. Whether you like fantasy and sci-fi, horror and suspense, or a bit of historical fiction, our sampler has something for everyone.

Extended previews include:

* Hood Academy by Shelley Wilson

* The Path Keeper by N.J. Simmonds

* Remeon's Quest by J.W. Garrett

* The Uncovering by Evan D. Heuker

* Light of Darkness by Lonnie Davidson

* The Secret of Dinswood by Ellen Alexander

Plus two bonus titles being released in 2019 in hardcover for the very first time!

* Johnny Hunter by Richard L. DuMont

* Guardians of the Dead by Shelley Wilson

EDITION Ebook
ISBN BHCP2019YA001
PRICE

I absolutely adore these collections that provide excerpts of upcoming releases. I was particularly happy to read the first few chapters of Hood Academy by Shelley Wilson. Say what you will about werewolves in fantasy but I love them. I was also intrigued by a few other titles provided in this collection and I can't wait to tell people in my Facebook Book Club about them!

I've said it before and I'll say it again I absolutely love when publishers release samplers! This is a great selection of new releases coming up and I am so pumped to read more than one of these amazing previews!

I so love books like this one that gives you a glimpse of what a book may be like before you read it or buy it!! The BHC Press 2019 YA Teen Fiction Sampler is 8 upcoming books set to release this fall with a heavy fantasy theme spread throughout each book. I'm not gonna lie to you but I only liked two of the eight; Light Of Darkness by Lonnie Davidson & Johnny Hunter by Richard L. Dumont. The rest were just a little too much fantasy for my taste but those covers were pretty amazing! Thank You to BHC Press for this book of books to be on the outlook for!! I voluntarily reviewed this complimentary digital book from NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my very own!

I love samplers! :) I'm definitely intrigued by "Hood Academy" by Shelley Watson, "Remeon's Quest" by J.W. Garrett, and Light of Darkness" by Lonnie Davidson. I'm glad some of these were put on my radar!

I loved this!! This idea was amazing it gave me insights into books I would have never picked out on my own and saved me money on books I would have bought but actually didn’t like.

Receiving this sampler I enjoyed hearing about recent releases and future releases. The Path keeper is a book I haven't heard about but will be picking up soon. Remeon's Quest is a love story sounds intriguing and a fun read. I also want to pick up Light of Darkness by Lonnie Davidson.

I love reading collections of samplers and this one is no exception. It's always nice to hear about new books and even better to read a bit of them! Thank you to the publisher for releasing this.

Really enjoyed reading this sampler. It's a great way to get the feel of a book prior to requesting the arc on Netgalley or purchasing the book. I totally loved the Hood Academy by Shelley Wilson from the start of the sampler to the end of it! I have since requested and received the arc to read & review which I am loving so far. The Path Keeper by NJ Simmonds reminded me a little of Mary Tings Crossroads series, which I adored it also featured Angel's which I think the character of Zac is in Path Keeper. Then elements of Path Keeper also reminded me of Fallen by Lauren Kate which I read but wasn't as keen on. I am still unsure if I would want to read more of it. Perhaps if it is on special offer on Amazon I would consider buying it. Rameons Quest by JW Garrett I was really getting pulled in to this one with the mining, the explosion and the emotions Jack was going through and then he was picked up by aliens and I thought I was going to hate it but I continued reading to the end and although I would normally say no to anything with 'Aliens' in it I think I will look out for this one on sale on Amazon for sure. From the rest of the sampler took a downward turn for me. I found the remaining titles didnt suit my reading preferences at all, whether it was the writing style that felt like a list of things happening kind of 'going through the motions' or the books more aimed to younger maybe middle grade readers, or just the characters (not keen on fae, elves, aliens, dragons etc etc) or the plots I just didn't get along with the rest at all. Thank you to all the authors & BHC press for the sampler, I think it did its job really well. .

Requesting one of these samplers is always a great idea if you wanna try some new books. I personally love to read a few chapters and then decide wheter I'm interested or not, but the difficult part is when I do like the book, there's nothing more to read! However, I'm glad these samples exist, it makes choosing books to read a lot easier.

This is my very first time requesting a sampler and I'm so happy I did! Look, I've never really been a big fan of young adult fiction. There, I've said it. I mean when I was younger sure but then I became way too "cool" and emo for it all and had to grow up and refine my tastes. Massive eye roll. But in this recent year it's mostly all I've devoured and I have to say it's grown on me again. This was just the right amount of what's to come out for the year and had me craving for more. It's something very nice to look forward to in the new year, these authors are doing great things!

I LOVE samplers. Thank you so much for putting this out. It is an easy way to browse through many books in one place and pick out the ones I might like.

I think this is an amazing thing you do. I really like that it is not just a small look or a single chapter. You give us the first 3 chapters. I know I will personally be reading one of the books talked about in this sampler. thank you again.

Lots of exciting new titles introduced here, I was especially interested in The Path Keeper and Hood Academy, which I read immediately after finishing the sampler!

I love sneak peaks like this. In this sampler I saw several books/authors that caught my eye that I want to read.

Thanks for the sneak peek of upcoming YA books. Several that I am interested in adding to the collection. It’s nice to be able to preview this way. Thanks to netgalley for the preview for an honest opinion.

I felt this gave a really good range of books and authors, and I liked that a lot of the authors are ones I hadn't heard of before!