Droplets

Pub Date 08 Aug 2019 | Archive Date 29 Sep 2019

Talking about this book? Use #Droplets #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Life is a journey; one cannot plan or reserve tickets.

Droplets is a short memoir of persistence and perseverance, derived from the culture shock of moving from the southern part of India to Canada. Ajay Nair shares how he survived a strict parental upbringing, why he hated books so much, and his struggles with running out of money, living in a railway station, and traveling without food.

Life is a journey; one cannot plan or reserve tickets.

EDITION Ebook

This memoir captured the emotions that author felt when moving to a new country perfectly. He had to contend with strict parents, little money, and other issues and captured those moments brilliantly in this fish out of water memoir. The honest writing makes it easy to empathize with him.

This memoir conveyed the feelings an experiences so well that it not only made me empathize with the author it shed light and understanding on a perspective and experience completely foreign to me. Plus it was extremely well written

Droplets is a short and emotional memoir. This is a interesting and unique story that shows you the writers hardships. Great read.

A book describing effectively the difficulties of moving to a different country with a different culture. The author wrote in a way that made it easy to relate to his feelings and experiences.

It needs some editing, but over all it's an interesting memoir. I thought it was just European parents who beat and berated their children, nice to learn other cultures parents are no better. Perhaps it's just the peasant varieties that are so awful. It's good Mr. Nair escaped to a better life in Canada. I think maybe he should have included more of his life since moving there. I see he's written other books, so I 'm guessing he's come to finally learn to enjoy them!