Specter

Pub Date 06 Jul 2019 | Archive Date 30 Nov 2019

Talking about this book? Use #Specter #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Horror aficionado Lanie Adams should be thrilled when two eighties-era ghosts materialize in her bedroom. Yet after a fainting incident unbecoming of a horror nerd, she would rather her haunting just go away—the ghosts’ waterlogged voices and ice-cold auras are more terrifying than any movie. Enlisting the help of Ryan, an entirely-too-cute stoner, she makes it her mission to put the spirits stalking her to rest.

Some sleuthing reveals that their sleepy Connecticut town is host to a shadowy, decades-old conspiracy. If Lanie wants to say a final goodbye to her ghosts, she’ll need to keep digging. But it’s important to tread carefully. The culprit is still in town—and they’ll stop at nothing to keep the truth buried.

PRICE

This was a good, scary book. The plot was fun and kept me interested throughout the story. I did feel that the writing could be developed more, but I expect that to happen as this author develops. Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for this ARC in exchange for my honest review.