Local Whispers

Pub Date 13 Aug 2021 | Archive Date 13 Aug 2021

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐’Well this book blew my mind! What a delicious plot twist. One of the best psychological thrillers I have read in a very long time’ Michelle, reader review

The one who sins is the one who will die…

Kate O’Leary’s position in her small village in Northern Ireland has always been precarious. With strong beliefs that don’t always align with those of her deeply religious community, it’s a place she has nonetheless made home. Her role as the local GP, helping generations of those in need, gains her the begrudging respect of the village.

That is, until her 17-year-old patient is murdered and her blood is found in Kate’s house.

Following her arrest, the rumours begin to spread and Kate reaches out to the only person she knows who can help. Jannis, a close friend and architect in Germany, flies over instantly, knowing that in the claustrophobia of small-town living an official verdict can mean nothing if those looking for revenge find you guilty.

Can Jannis help Kate find the real killer and clear her name in the process? It might just be the only way to make it out alive…

This is a gripping and atmospheric crime thriller perfect for fans of Mark Edwards, Claire Allan and Simon McCleave.

Readers are loving Local Whispers:

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐’So many hidden surprises and twists and turns, amazing and dark and funny at times’ Gillian

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐‘Fast-paced, tense and full of twists. I was gripped right from the start’ Kirsty

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐’This book kept me turning the pages for hours…fabulous’ Rubie

The one who...

EDITION Ebook
PRICE A$11.99 (AUD)

I really enjoyed this book it was fast paced, tense and fullof twists. I was gripped right from the start

Well this book blew my mind! What a delicious plot twist. One of the best psychological thrillers I have read in a very long time. It was a fast paced book from beginning to end and very intense. The author has a very clever mind.

Thank you NetGalley, HarperCollins UK,-One More Character and Author for a ebook copy of Local Whispers by C. K. Williams. This book kept me turning the pages for hours. A fabulous psychological thriller with lots of twists to keep you intrigued. A great group of characters that are easy to like and also feel some sort of way! Twists and turns that will make your head spin and keep you guessing until the end. This is a crime thriller that will have you screaming at those that are out to get Kate. (Major peeve of mine... Knowing someone didn't do something but yet get blamed) ughhhh! I really loved this novel.... And I have to be honest here One More Character Pub by Harper Collins UK has a special place in my bookish heart! They have gave me the amazing opportunity to read and review some amazing books. And I've discovered great authors because of them! So a major thanks to this Pub! 😘 I will post to my platforms closer to pub date!

#LocalWhispers #NetGalley Kate O’Leary’s position in the small village in Northern Ireland has always been precarious. With strong beliefs that don’t always align with those of her deeply religious community, it’s a place she has nonetheless made home. Her role as the local GP, helping generations of those in need, gains her the begrudging respect of the village. That is, until a body of a young woman is found and her blood is in Kate’s house. Following her arrest, the rumours begin to grow and Kate reaches out to the only person she knows who could help. Jannis, a close friend and architect in Germany, flies over instantly, knowing that in the claustrophobia of small-town living an official verdict can mean nothing if those looking for revenge find you guilty. Can Jannis help Kate find the real killer and clear her name in the process? It might just be the only way to make it out alive. Thanks to NetGalley and Harper Collins UK One More Chapter for giving me an advanced copy.

This book was brilliant. It had so many hidden surprises and twists and turns. amazing and dark and funny at times. Highly recommended.