The Witches of Helcombe

Pub Date 04 Jul 2019 | Archive Date 31 Dec 2019

Talking about this book? Use #TheWitchesofHelcombe #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

It's mid 17th Century during the English civil war and Henrietta Marie, the pregnant Queen of France is fleeing across Devon trying to escape Cromwell and his Parliamentarians who are intent on capturing her for ransom.

Even worse, her unborn child has turned in the womb, endangering both the life of the Queen and her child.

Does a witch from a nearby village have the power to save the child? And will she risk her life to do so? And how will the Archbishop of Canterbury's emissary feel, having been sent to rid a village of diabolism, when confronted by witches who have no fear of his God or his religious symbols?

Come with me to a time when witchcraft is rife in the villages and the Devil lurks in familiars and ancient graveyards.

EDITION Ebook
PRICE

Will Isabella save the Queen of France, Henrietta's child? The author did a great job with this book. It was very interesting and the characters I adored! Set in the 17th Century during English Civil War. Henrietta, Oueen of France and her lady in waiting, along with others are fleeing Cromwell and his Parliamentarians. Her husband has already left to war. She is pregnant and something is very wrong. She is told of a healer in another village not far who is known very well. Henrietta sends her men to the village to bring Isabella to her. This story kept me on the edge of my seat, with everything happening. Great read! I will be reading more from this author. Thank you publisher and NetGalley for the eARC