A retelling of Arthurian myth for the age of Brexit and Trump, from World Fantasy Award-winner Lavie Tidhar, By Force Alone.
Everyone thinks they know the story of King Arthur and his knights of the Round Table.
The fact is they don't know sh*t.
Arthur? An over-promoted gangster.
Merlin? An eldritch parasite.
Excalibur? A shady deal with a watery arms dealer.
Britain? A clogged sewer that Rome abandoned just as soon as it could.
A savage and cutting epic fantasy, equally poetic and profane, By Force Alone is at once a timely political satire, a magical adventure, and a subversive masterwork.
Note: The publication date of this title has changed. The new publication date is 08/11/2020.
- National print and online publicity campaign
- National print and online consumer advertising campaign including Goodreads, Den of Geek and fantasy publications
- Prepublication trade and consumer buzz campaign
- Major ARC mailings to booksellers, media, and industry big mouths
- Extensive ARC giveaways via Shelf Awareness Pro, Goodreads, and San Diego Comic-Con
- #DestinyLies digital marketing campaign, including author guest posts, and social media promotions, and sweepstakes
- Tor.com promotions