The Princess Will Save You is a YA fantasy adventure inspired by The Princess Bride, in which a princess must rescue her stable boy true love, from the acclaimed author of Sea Witch, Sarah Henning.
When a princess’s commoner true love is kidnapped to coerce her into a political marriage, she doesn’t give in—she goes to rescue him.
When her warrior father, King Sendoa, mysteriously dies, Princess Amarande of Ardenia is given what would hardly be considered a choice: Marry a stranger at sixteen or lose control of her family’s crown.
But Amarande was raised to be a warrior—not a sacrifice.
In an attempt to force her choice, a neighboring kingdom kidnaps her true love, stable boy Luca. With her kingdom on the brink of civil war and no one to trust, she’ll need all her skill to save him, her future, and her kingdom.
“Full of inconceivable wit, daring adventure, and cunning political machinations…It’s as if Sarah Henning looked into my soul that yearned for a book like The Princess Bride and said—as you wish. And yes, this is a kissing book.” —Ashley Poston, author of Heart of Iron
“The Princess Will Save You is everything we love about YA fantasy, complete with first love, sweeping adventure, and a fierce heroine who holds her own. There’s something for everyone in this book.” —Adrienne Young, New York Times bestselling author of The Sky in the Deep
“An action-packed adventure with a fierce heroine that is sure to enthrall! Sarah Henning has created a fantasy narrative that weaves together love and betrayal, pirates and swordplay. Sure to please anyone who grew up loving tales of princesses.” —Emily Lloyd-Jones, author of The Bone Houses
- Extensive national online advertising campaign
- Regional author events
- Prepublication trade and consumer buzz campaign, including early-reader review programs, advertising, social media blitz, and NetGalley promotions
- Major ARC distribution to independent bookstores, institutional conferences, and consumer festivals
- #ThePrincessWillSaveYou digital marketing campaign to include newsletter promotions, sweepstakes, partnering with social YA influencers
- Major coverage on Tor Teen’s social media platforms
- Promotional giveaways for events and conferences
- Extensive school and library marketing, including conference promotions via ARC and promo distribution, in-booth display and signage