Good Dog

Celebrating dogs who change, and sometimes even save, our lives

Pub Date 20 Apr 2020 | Archive Date 19 Apr 2020

Talking about this book? Use #GoodDog #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Celebratory, joyous and moving, this is a book about the profoundly healing, curative qualities of dogs - and how we need dogs in our lives more than ever.

The dog-human bond is the most extraordinary cross-species friendship on the planet. Dogs give people so much: affection, companionship and profound emotional support. Now, more than ever, we can see the clear health benefits of living with a dog by our side.

Drawing on science, research and in-depth personal interviews, Good Dog demonstrates how vastly a dog can improve our mental and physical health as well as our quality of life. Kate Leaver begins by telling the story of how she met her beloved rescue shih tzu, Bertie, and how powerfully he helps her through periods of depression. Then she meets 10 other remarkable dogs who've changed human lives - from Missy the pug, who helps 11-year-old Cody live his best life despite his autism diagnosis, to Pip, who helps her teenage owner manage diabetes, and Jingles, who works with inmates in a prison. With each story, it becomes more and more obvious how profoundly dogs can support us, comfort us and even save our lives.

Celebratory, joyous and moving, this is a book for anyone who has ever loved a dog - and known their love in return.

The dog-human bond is the most...

PRICE A$27.26 (AUD)