Talking about this book? Be sure to tag it using #SportsPharmacyPerformanceEnhancingDrugsandtheAthlete #NetGalley
Sports Pharmacy, Performance Enhancing Drugs, and the Athlete provides a comprehensive compilation of information in a single location on performance enhancing substances by United States collegiate, amateur and professional athletes. The pharmacology of all classes of performance enhancing drugs is discussed as well as any data that supports their use, covering a wide range of laws, policies, regulations concerning the use of substances by athletes. Questions are included throughout the text as well as case studies to demonstrate the complexity of the issues associated with the general topic of performance enhancing drugs.
• Comprehensive overview of drug polices for all amateur and professional sports organizations in the US
• A single source handbook for clinicians and athletes as a comprehensive overview of performance enhancing drugs
• Provides a comprehensive overview of therapeutic use exemptions in athletics
• Overview of dietary supplement use in athletics, including risk vs. benefit, discussion of evidence, or lack of, for performance enhancing effects
• Opportunities for pharmacists to specialize in “sports pharmacy” practice and their potential value as a member of a sports medicine team