Now a USA Today bestseller!
"[An] all around brilliant space opera, I absolutely love it."—Ann Leckie, on A Memory Called Empire
A Desolation Called Peace is the spectacular space opera sequel to Arkady Martine's genre-reinventing, Hugo Award-winning debut, A Memory Called Empire.
An alien armada lurks on the edges of Teixcalaanli space. No one can communicate with it, no one can destroy it, and Fleet Captain Nine Hibiscus is running out of options.
In a desperate attempt at diplomacy with the mysterious invaders, the fleet captain has sent for a diplomatic envoy. Now Mahit Dzmare and Three Seagrass—still reeling from the recent upheaval in the Empire—face the impossible task of trying to communicate with a hostile entity.
Their failure will guarantee millions of deaths in an endless war. Their success might prevent Teixcalaan’s destruction—and allow the empire to continue its rapacious expansion.
Or it might create something far stranger . . .
- National print and online publicity campaign
- Regional author events
- National print and online consumer advertising including Goodreads, Book Riot, and Den of Geek
- Prepublication trade and consumer buzz campaign including trade and consumer advertising
- Early reader review campaign targeting fans of A Memory Called Empire on NetGalley, Edelweiss and Goodreads
- Major ARC sweepstakes and promotions on Goodreads and NetARC
- Featured title at New York Comic Con
- “Return to the Empire” extensive digital content campaign featuring series entry features and sweepstakes, author guest posts, AMAs, and videos, quote graphics, quizzes and lists
- Major Tor.com partnerships and promotions including excerpts, author columns, and reviews