Talking about this book? Be sure to tag it using #TheTroublewithHR #NetGalley
A 2006 study by IOMA found that companies with effective talent management practices retain employees for longer time periods and outperform industry averages by 22 percent. But most HR departments are still using the same old cookie-cutter approach to finding new hires. This book offers a revolutionary new approach to attracting and hanging onto the best and brightest talent, providing real-world strategies for:
• identifying and evaluating prospective employees
• deciding who will develop and progress into the management ranks
• fitting the person’s skills to the job
• developing a strategy to groom one’s staff and keep them happy
• and finding ways to reward them properly and keep them engaged
The book explores the latest thinking in employee relations, compensation and benefits, training, on-boarding, and development practices. This is a unique, powerful book no one concerned with finding and retaining the best people should be without.