The Last Watch
by J. S. Dewes
This title was previously available on NetGalley and is now archived.
Send NetGalley books directly to your Kindle or Kindle app
To read on a Kindle or Kindle app, please add firstname.lastname@example.org as an approved email address to receive files in your Amazon account. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Also find your Kindle email address within your Amazon account, and enter it here.
Pub Date 20 Apr 2021 | Archive Date 27 Jan 2022
Macmillan-Tor/Forge, Tor Books
The Expanse meets Game of Thrones in J. S. Dewes's fast-paced, sci-fi adventure The Last Watch, the first book in the Divide series, where a handful of soldiers stand between humanity and annihilation.
Goodreads Most Popular Sci-Fi Novels of the Past 3 Years
Space.com—Best Sci-fi Books 2022
New York Public Library—Best Science Fiction 2021
Business Insider—Best Science Fiction 2021
Polygon—Best Science Fiction and Fantasy 2021
Amazon—Best Science Fiction 2021
FanFiAddict—Lord TBR's Best of 2021
Best SciFi Books—Best of 2021
P. S. Hoffman—Best of 2021
10 Best Books Like Foundation—ScreenRant
20 Must Read Space Fantasy Books for 2021—Bookriot
Most Anticipated Book for April 2021:
Amazon Best of the Month April 2021
It’s the edge of the universe.
Now it’s collapsing—and taking everyone and everything with it.
The only ones who can stop it are the Sentinels—the recruits, exiles, and court-martialed dregs of the military.
At the Divide, Adequin Rake commands the Argus. She has no resources, no comms—nothing, except for the soldiers that no one wanted. Her ace in the hole could be Cavalon Mercer--genius, asshole, and exiled prince who nuked his grandfather's genetic facility for “reasons.”
She knows they’re humanity's last chance.
The Divide series
The Last Watch
The Exiled Fleet
- National print and online publicity campaign
- National author tour
- National print and online consumer advertising, including Goodreads, Book Riot, and The Mary Sue, and Den of Geek
- Early reader review campaign via Shelf Awareness, Goodreads, and NetGalley
- ARC mailings to top indie stores and industry big mouths
- Prepublication buzz campaign including trade and consumer advertising
- Digital marketing campaign, including author guest posts, social media promotions, and sweepstakes
- Digital preview
- Featured in the ongoing Tor 2021 debut campaign featuring group AMAs, Debuts After Dark, interviews, and video content
- Cross promotions with Macmillan Audio
- Tor.com promotions including excerpts and review
- Extensive Library marketing campaign