Connected Capitalism

How Jewish Wisdom Can Transform Work

Pub Date 06 Apr 2021 | Archive Date 04 Jun 2021

Talking about this book? Use #ConnectedCapitalism #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

We can co-create or we can manage. We cannot do both. A plan to reform capitalism from a professor of management who no longer believes in management. Using the spiritual language of mitzvah and chavrusa, Connected Capitalism is a philosophy of reaction that empowers the disenchanted to build stability amidst the confusing chaos of surveillance capitalism, global pandemics, racial injustice and cronyism amongst the elite. It involves helping more of us thrive in transformative relationships filled with curiosity, engaging with those who were once strangers, deploying forgiveness and tapping into a confident hope for the future. Even amidst the present sense of disconnect, our desire for meaning, connection, and wonder has not waned. Things are broken in our social, political and economic spaces. Connected Capitalism is an empowering call to fix them.

DAVID WEITZNER has a PhD in Strategy, MBA in Arts and Media Management and Hon. BA in Philosophy. His research takes a critical stance on decision making in capitalist environments, leading to publication in the Academy of Management Review, Organization Studies, Journal of Business Ethics, Journal of Management Inquiry, Critical Perspectives on International Business, SAGE Encyclopedia of Business Ethics and Society and SAGE Encyclopedia of Case Study Research. David co-edited Corporate Social Responsibility (Routledge) and co-authored Strategic Management: Creating Competitive Advantages (McGraw-Hill Ryerson). He is the author of Fifteen Paths: How to Tune out Noise, Turn on Imagination and Find Wisdom (ECW Press) and the forthcoming Connected Capitalism: How Jewish Wisdom Can Transform Work (University of Toronto Press).

Advance Praise