Talking about this book? Be sure to tag it using #BillionDollarBracket #NetGalley
Mathematician Sinclair Dane sponsors the contest, seeking money for a safety net for her troubled mother. She does not have a billion dollars to pay a winner. Risking her reputation and possible legal charges for fraud, she pins her hopes on the astronomical odds against anyone picking all the winners.
Math professor Lewis Cusac uses the basketball contest to teach remedial math to college students, two of whom are playing in the tournament. He enters the contest and finds himself having selected all the winners with only three games remaining. He also gets a call from the NCAA investigators for suspicion of trying to fix the outcomes of games.
Add to the mix a retired casino operator, a group of twenty-something social media wizards, and professional basketball's next megastar.
As the contest goes global, the story races to an ending that will surprise the reader.
A Note From the Publisher
eBook ISBN - 978-1-945448-90-4
“By the end of the first page, I was hooked. Billion Dollar Bracket tells a story about intelligence, big money, mental illness, trust, diversity, and yes, basketball. A fascinating story.”
– Tina Zion, Author, Lecturer
“This book was tailor-made for me, telling the stories of many actors in the drama, with surprises every few chapters. In one of the multiple plot lines, Drew Bridges gives the reader a window into what it means for young athletes to deal with the competing demands of college sports. As a coach, I’ve lived parts of this story.”
– Larry Marciniak, Assistant Basketball Coach at two different high schools and two different colleges in over 15 consecutive seasons
“Drew Bridges keeps you on the edge of your stadium seat as you follow the bouncing ball from the hardwood courts, through the genius of the world of social media, and into the lives of those who embrace the March Madness of NCAA basketball. From the ‘war room’ of a Las Vegas gaming contest, to a small, rural southern university, every chapter changes the game. Who comes out a winner, and who is marked the loser, should come as a big surprise.”
– William R. Finger, author of The Crane Dance: Taking Flight in Midlife
“In this new novel by Drew Bridges there’s a lot to like: razor-sharp insights into the worlds of sports and mathematical probabilities, compelling characters, and a plot that keeps you turning the pages. This is more than a book about basketball. I give it my hearty recommendation.
– Lucy Adkins, co-author of Writing in Community and The Fire Inside
“An intriguing story about hidden motives in the ultimate betting pool. It’s the NCAA basketball bracket contest on steroids. Odds are you will find Billion Dollar Bracket a winner.
– Robert Moseley, author of Choker
MARKETING AND PROMOTION CAMPAIGN
• Social media campaign: Facebook and Twitter
• Appearances at regional book shows (virtual as required)
• Bi-monthly newsletter and web page blog
• Pursue reviews and blurbs from national influencers
• Outreach to book clubs and reading groups
• Regional in-store readings and signings (when available)
• Targeted online advertising including Facebook
• Amazon and BookBub author pages