This Too Shall Pass

Stories of Change, Crisis and Hopeful Beginnings

Pub Date 26 Jan 2021 | Archive Date 29 Jan 2021

A leading therapist shares memorable patient stories to explore the key crises in life and what we can learn from them.

If change is the natural order of things, why do so many people struggle with the milestones of life--from first jobs and first loves to children leaving home and retirement?

We live in a culture of limitless choice--and life is now more complex than ever. In This Too Shall Pass, acclaimed psychotherapist Julia Samuel draws on hours of conversations with her patients to show how we can learn to adapt and thrive during our most difficult and transformative experiences.

Illuminated by the latest social and psychological research, this book unflinchingly deals with the hard times in family, love, work, health and identity--from a woman deciding whether to leave her husband for a younger lover, to a father handling a serious medical diagnosis; and from a new mother struggling with the decision to return to work, to a young man dealing with the aftermath of coming out, to a woman starting again after losing her job.

These powerful, unforgettable and deeply intimate stories about everyday people will inform our understanding of our own unique response to change and enlighten the way we approach challenges at every stage of life.

PRICE CA$32.00 (CAD)