We Are the Brennans

A Novel

Pub Date 03 Aug 2021 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #WeAretheBrennans #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

**INSTANT NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER**

In the vein of Mary Beth Keane’s Ask Again, Yes and Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney's The Nest,
Tracey Lange’s We Are the Brennans explores the staying power of shame—and the redemptive power of love—in an Irish Catholic family torn apart by secrets.

When twenty-nine-year-old Sunday Brennan wakes up in a Los Angeles hospital, bruised and battered after a drunk driving accident she caused, she swallows her pride and goes home to her family in New York. But it’s not easy. She deserted them all—and her high school sweetheart—five years before with little explanation, and they've got questions.

Sunday is determined to rebuild her life back on the east coast, even if it does mean tiptoeing around resentful brothers and an ex-fiancé. The longer she stays, however, the more she realizes they need her just as much as she needs them. When a dangerous man from her past brings her family’s pub business to the brink of financial ruin, the only way to protect them is to upend all their secrets—secrets that have damaged the family for generations and will threaten everything they know about their lives. In the aftermath, the Brennan family is forced to confront painful mistakes—and ultimately find a way forward, together.

**INSTANT NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER**

Tracey Lange’s We Are the Brennans explores the staying power of shame—and...

A Note From the Publisher

MEDIA: Reviewers are reminded that this is an uncorrected proof. Any quotes for publication must be checked against the finished book. Price, publication dates, and manufacturing details are subject to change without notice. For more information about this book, or to tell us what you thought, please email Christine.Mykityshyn@celadonbooks.com.

PRICE CA$36.50 (CAD)

Sister disappeared from family 5 years ago Now, recovering from accident she comes home Her Irish Catholic Family surrounds her I immediately became a part of this family I did not want to stop reading, fell in with family