Organza Hoop Art

Embroidery Techniques and Projects for Sheer Stitching

Pub Date 01 Jul 2021 | Archive Date 24 Aug 2021
Fox Chapel Publishing, Landauer Publishing

Talking about this book? Use #OrganzaHoopArt #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Add a wow factor to your embroidery and discover fresh,eye-catching embroidery designs! Using sheer fabric and afew adjustments to basic embroidery techniques, authorSarah Godfrey’s approach is beginner-friendly so anyonecan accomplish this exciting embroidery style.

ISBN 9781947163614
PRICE A$28.99 (AUD)

Send To Kindle (PDF)

4.5 Stars!! In this book, the author teaches the lost art of Embroidery... on sheer fabric! The cover of this book caught my attention and I wanted to be able to make beautiful artwork like that too! This book shows and tells how. It has a good amount of pictures to go along with the clear instructions. It gives a list of what you’ll need, along with explanations on why you need it. I followed along, trying to make a flower but I’m afraid I don’t have the patience for embroidery. After 10 minutes, I was bored and it wasn’t coming out like the authors picture, so I quit. I know, I know, she’s been practicing this art form for longer than me, of course my first try won’t be great and I should finish it, but, in all honesty, I probably won’t. Still, hats off to the author on her patience, her skills in embroidery and in her ability to actually finish writing a book! (I’ve been “writing” my book for 10 plus years!) *I am voluntarily leaving a review for an ARC that was provided to me by the publisher!*

Hoop art and embroidery are so popular right now and I can't wait to try it! This book is filled with lots of easy to understand directions and pictures of every step, plus the project ideas are beautiful!