An Endless Cornish Summer

Pub Date 24 Jun 2021 | Archive Date 01 Jul 2021

Escape to the seaside with this gorgeous new series from the Sunday Times bestselling author – perfect for fans of Trisha Ashley and Heidi Swain.

Rose Vernon is headed to a quiet Cornish village – to find the man who saved her life.

Can Rose find the answer she’s searching for, or will she lose her heart before the summer is over?

Rose Vernon is headed to a quiet Cornish village – to...

EDITION Ebook
PRICE A$9.99 (AUD)

Phillipa Ashley has done it again! These books are live receiving a warm hug, so comforting and lovely to read every single time.

Just the book you need right now to switch off and head down to Cornwall. There was such a lovely premise too - a woman goes in search of the man who saved her life. She meets a whole cast of characters and there's fun and high jinks as she tries to find him without telling people what she's doing. Tears of laughter and poignancy in one. The books about Cornwall area always lovely to read but there was something really special about this one and there's a focus on boats and the local regatta which really fascinated me and made me hear those waves and the clang clang of the boats so I really felt I was in Cornwall. Thank you Philippa for a book filled with Cornish charm!

What a wonderful life affirming book! I feel like I’ve just got back from a wonderful holiday in Cornwall and met some of the fabulous locals - Finn. Oriel, Naomi, Joel, Kev and of course Rose....... This is the story of Rose, an archaeologist, who had her life saved by an anonymous bone marrow donor. She decides to set off to find the man who saved her life and ends up rediscovering herself, learning to sail, making new friends and finding love. A warm hug of a book, perfect escapism for these strange times and lots of ideas for a uk staycation when we are finally free! I loved it!

I love Phillipa Ashley books. She has a talent to weave magical stories where you can get lost in the lives of the characters. It is easy to picture the boats on the river, the busy boatyard and the cafe. I loved Oriel and laughed out loud at the problem at the regatta. This is a brilliant summer read snd I look forward to the next Phillipa Ashley book

I received an ARC copy from Netgalley for a honest review of this book. I so wanted to like this book but I felt that Ms. Ashley lost her way about about 2/3 of the way through the plot line. Rose heads to Falmouth at the urging of her gram. She arrives to sneak around observe her "potential donors" and that is one of the last time it is mentioned until the final chapters. I guess I would have liked to see her dive more into donor part of the story or even follow Rose to the dig site more often. I would have loved to have read more about all they were discovering at the dig site but it was like Rose hardly ever made it to the dig site. I feel that Dorinda, Nige, Aunt Lynne, Maddie, and even Oriel & Naomi were two dimensional characters and would have loved to seen all of them flushed out a bit more. No matter what I like Ms. Ashley's books and will always read her next one. For me, this book was B-/C+. I believe with some focused editing suggestions she could easily take this book to the A range.

I was instantly grabbed by this book, such a unique beginning and a plethora of outcomes is a perfect start to a book and had me unable to put it down. Rose story is sad but the potential and sheer anticipation keeps the eyes peeled for what's coming next. A true delight of a story! Lovely characters who you just want and need to keep hearing about, its a non stop ride and truly magical. #NetGalley #AnEndlessCornishSummer #PhillipaAshley #2021books #SummerReads

A glorious feel good story. Rose has a new lease of life following a transplant from an anonymous donor and she is determined to live it to the full. When she is offered the chance to work in Cornwall over the summer Rose soon becomes more settled in Falford than she could ever have imagined. A wonderful summer read full of love, friendship and beautiful Cornish views.

Thanks Netgalley for allowing me to read this book. Rose who is studying for her PhD faints for no reason. She goes to the doctor and is told that she needs a bone marrow transplant. She is thrilled to realize that she gas a match. Several years later she decides to find out who her match is. I enjoyed the chemistry between Rose and Finn.

Pure escapism! Wonderful to be back in Cornwall, surrounded by boats,sea,beach and a close knit community! Rose living a quiet life with her gran after surviving a life threatening illness is shocked at her grans sudden death and starts to reevaluate her work and life choices, on finding out her gran wanted her to find and thank the donor who saved her life ,Rose has a mission and this leads her to Cornwall, where she is instantly welcomed by the locals and becomes well integrated into the local community learning to sail, making friends, helping out in the shop all whilst continuing her archeological work.As part of her mission Rose becomes friendly with two brothers who own the boat yard and romance is in the air but it is complicated but the knowledge/secret Rose carries, can thus be resolved and lead to a happy ending for all? Thank you netgalley for this early read.

I am a big fan of Phillipa's books and they just seem to get better and better. I always feel as I can lose myself in one of her books. I liked this story about Rose, she has a life threatening illness, I feel as though many books now a days don't really delve into many an illness unless it is the big C, I feel as though these other illnesses should be made aware of. Rose knows someone was her donor and her clues lead her to a little Cornish village where she gets more than she bargained for when she discovers who her donor is. A perfect escape to a wonderfully scenic part of the world. Reading Phillipa's books make me crave Cornwall so much. I loved it.

Another enjoyable story with a great Cornish vibe. Sun, sea, the river, boats and two handsome brothers. Ideal summer reading.

I received this book for an honest review from netgalley #netgalley #AnendlessCornishsummer A great summer day trade. Not overly complicated but a great escape read.

A great summer read with UK holiday vibes with a hint of archaeology. This story, focusing on Rose (an archaeologist who has suffered from aplastic anaemia and has received a bone marrow donation from an unknown donor) has many twists and turns, from summer romance and learning to sail to Cornish magick and legends!

An interesting read about Rose who is determine to look for the donor who has given her a second chance to live on. Rose, an archaeologist, found herself come in between Finn and Joey, one of them who could be the person she is looking for. Both brothers obviously have unresolved conflict between them and with Rose’s presence, it make it even worst for the bothers. I was immerse with how Rose gonna find which brother was the one who donated the stem cell for her and also the attraction that she felt for Finn even though Finn is maintaining his distance. I was surprise with the ending though.

I really wish that I could give this more than five stars, as this is one of those rare books that you cannot wait to finish but, when you reach the last page you feel sad that it is over. I loved the setting, the characters, the relationships between the characters but, most of all I loved the optimism of Rose - the main character. She has had a very difficult few years but, instead of letting her illness and past define her she is a beacon of hope and joy. I read for pleasure and enjoyment and this book gave me both. It made me think about enjoying the moment and being grateful for what we have. During the pandemic I think we all need a little escape from reality now and again and this gives you that in such a wonderful way.

A gentle escape to Cornwall to follow Rose's quest to find her stem cell donor, a beautiful story of new found friendships and love with a perfect mix of sailing and history added in, absolutely loved this book and I'm a sucker for a happy ending which this book does have

I really enjoyed this book, which went a bit deeper into the background of sailing and archaeology as well as giving a lovely portrait of a Cornish village, complete with hunky boatyard brothers and interesting characters. I loved the sense of community and also the diversity, back again here, with LGBTQ characters and enough ethnic diversity to make things representative without shoehorning in issues. I'll look forward to more in this series! My review on my blog here: https://librofulltime.wordpress.com/2021/04/03/book-review-phillipa-ashley-an-endless-cornish-summer/

I love this authors books so I was looking forward to reading this. This was a beautifully and sensitively written book that also sought to highlight the issue of stem cell donation and what it’s like to live with a long term health condition. This book was like total escapism and the descriptions of the Cornish coast made the reader feel like they had been transported to sunnier climes and I felt like I was there on the Cornish beaches. this was an uplifting and thought provoking read.

Perfect gentle escapism set in beautiful Cornwall. Enjoyable story and would be a perfect read sitting on a Cornish beach! Thank you

Charming and escapist, perfect for fans of Jenny Colgan and Heidi Swain. A recommended purchase for collections where light WF is popular.

Rose is in Falford for work, but also to try and hunt down the person she thinks gave her bone marrow transplant several years ago. Some great characters in a great setting - hopefully there will be more books set in Falford.

Transported back to Cornwall was a delight and all Phillipa Ashley fans will relate to that. I did find Rose going there to find her bone marrow donor a bit unbelievable as finding your donor is very difficult but if it gets people to sign onto the register then that is great. As for the rest of the plot and characters, they were all brought together wonderfully. Rose getting involved in village life as well as falling in love with the handsome man in the village and eventually staying was well described and you could loose yourself in the village. My only criticism was that there was quite a lot of spelling mistakes, please proof read better.

I really enjoyed this book. It’s lovely to be back in Cornwall again. Genuinely feels like you’ve got to know the characters (I love Oriel the best), and such an important message about living life to the full, especially in our current circumstances. Lots of interesting historical information about Cornwall. I’d definitely go on a Cornish Magick tour!

Rose is an archaeologist who had to have life threatening stem cell treatment. Her gran Marge passed away and left a letter to find the donor. When Rose gets a grant to study in Cornwall where the donor is from she jumps at the chance. Lovely book couldn't put it down

Rose Vernon has finally got her life on track after surviving a life threatening illness thanks to a mystery donor. Now she’s on her way to Cornwall, mainly for her job as an archaeologist but also to try and find her donor, following the few clues she’s managed to glean. This book is the perfect read for the times we live are currently living in. Set in the beautiful Cornish countryside, in a small coastal town, full of everything you want to find there - gorgeous views, lovely people, good food and anything that brings a smile to your face. Although you know there’ll be a happy ending, it’s still a joy to read, and there are a couple of twists you won’t expect. Well crafted as you would expect from this author, roll on the next book. Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for the opportunity to read and review this book.

Loved this book! Can't wait to read more! Enjoyed the characters and the story line! Besides the beautiful book cover, the story kept me reading in a couple hours and I finished. Loved the book!

Wow wow wow. Philipa Ashley at her best. Where do you begin.? Rose was a lovely character, she had been through a lot and loved how job in archaeology was described and how she got the grant even dressed as a mermaid.. You imagined her to be stunning. With out spoiling the plot you thought the outcome would be different, loved it. Makes you want to visit Falford and sail. . An excellent read

Yet another fabulous book from Phillipa Ashley, this book was amazing I must say that Phillipas books are my happy place and I always find myself picking one up if I want a bit of a cosy read. Perfect story for the summer time.

I was absolutely ready to escape to the Cornish Coast and meet up with Rose and her search for her anonymous donor. I thoroughly enjoy Phillipa Ashley’s style of writing and instinctively knew that I was in for another treat. It was easy to imagine the village of Falford with the estuary running through its heart. The descriptions were excellent, and I could almost hear the gentle waves, lapping at the shore, as boats made their way out to the nearby sea. There is a wonderful supporting cast, and nobody seemed like an unnecessary element. From Dorinda and Bo to Auntie Lynne and ‘bloody Nigel’! each character added to the rich layers of this enchanting story. I could even imagine eating Lobster on Kev’s porch. Not bad as I’m allergic to shellfish. The main story focuses on the incredibly gorgeous Morvah brothers; no doubt inspired by the delectable Hemsworth boys. Rose has managed to narrow down her search to these two hunks, but she has no idea which one. What she does discover, is that she is drawn to Finn, even though he seems less interested in her. The book goes beyond a search for a hero and weighs in on friendship. Rose finds a great friend in Oriel, who in turn helps to bring Rose into village life. The fact that Rose is an archaeologist and Oriel runs a mythical shop brings about a perfect symmetry as they are able to blur some lines as they try to save Oriel’s business. Of course, there’s a happy ending, but the road to reach it isn’t smooth and nothing is guaranteed. I couldn’t put this book down and finished it in a couple of sittings. I hope you enjoy this mythical and magical escape to the Cornish Coast.

Really heartwarming easy read-just what I needed during this time .Looking forward to some sort of staycation this year and Cornwall seems to be very popular and this book helps you to see why.This story makes a space for that longing of warm,lazy days spent at the seaside or messing about in boats.There is also a picture painted of that wonderful chance to walk and experience the moors with wild mysterious landscapes full of myths and legends associated with them. The main story revolves around a young academic archaeologist called Rose who received a bone marrow transplant from an anonymous donor for her Aplastic anaemia which had been diagnosed when she was doing her MA.The transplant was from a stranger but on the death of her Grandmother Rose was given a letter written by her which encouraged her to find about the donor.The initial contact is only vague and doesn’t give away personal details about the person who gave the donation.Rose has a variety of snippets of information which give her clues to finding exactly who made the generous bone marrow donation which allowed her to get back to a near normal life.She decides to take her hunt a bit deeper and when the opportunity to work in Cornwall presents itself she jumps at the chance to become amateur sleuth on the trail of her donor.She is then involved in working on a variety of digs in Cornwall during the summer months. In her attempt to get local reasonably priced accommodation she chances upon a let above a shop very close to the village she knows her donor to be from.One thing leads to another but the fun Rose had would be enjoyed by anyone no matter why they were in the beautiful area by the sea.The story is believable and although there are one or two slightly ridiculous scenarios you can suspend disbelief and immerse yourself in the romantic ‘chick-lit’ easy read nature of the book. Oh to be lying on a beach or by a pool and enjoying revelling in someone’s else’s story which has romance at its heart.

The word ‘Cornish’ in the title has pulled me toward this book. It’s a beautiful and uplifting book about a girl who has been given a second chance at life by a stranger. What a precious gift she has received. This book showed me the importance of ‘organ donation’, how a selfless act can save the life of a person who is desperately waiting for it and everything in their life was put on hold. The suffering, anguish of the patients waiting for the match depicted poignantly. After finishing this book, I am determined to register for organ/stem cell donation when I get a chance. This is the impact this book had on me. Apart from Rose, loved her caring grandma, though she was only in a very few chapters. The story and setting are very beautiful. Ashley brought Falford to life with her vivid descriptions. The people in it were equally adorable. Finn is reserved and the complete opposite to his charming, dashing brother Joey. A very few of Finn’s actions exasperated me since I found them childing and careless. The building of boats, regatta was lost on me as I am not a water baby. Overall, it was a wonderful and feel-good story and transported me to gorgeous Cornwall on a Sunday. Thank you NetGalley and Avon Books UK for providing me with an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I really enjoyed this escape story about Rose who has been through some major health issues and gets a second chance at life. The whole story basically takes place in a small Cornish harbor village which sounds so nice and picturesque. The village is full of quirky characters that are well rounded and make me want to visit to experience that whole village culture. I expected a lot of this story to be a love story, but although romance was part of the story, that was not the sole focus. Overall a really enjoyable read with lovely quirky characters and if this becomes a whole series I will definitely want to read them all. Thank you NetGalley and Avon Books UK for the chance to read this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I have read several of Phillipa Ashley's other books and have enjoyed them all. Her books are a carefree romantic romp through the Cornish Countryside. In her latest book, we meet Rose who moves to the Cornish Village of Falford to search for the donor who saved her life. In the village we encounter the usual quirky characters and of course a pair of handsome brothers. This was a light enjoyable read to get lost in and was a perfect antidote for the crazy world we are currently residing in. This book takes you on a virtual little holiday -wonderful and warm! Thanks to Netgalley and Avon Books for this advanced copy in exchange for my honest review.

I received an advanced copy of, An Endless Cornish Summer by, Phillipa Ashley. This is such a good book, I loved the story line. Rose had a transplant that saved her life, she wants to meet her donor. I loved the characters and the setting in this book.

I love all things Cornish and this didn’t disappoint. Set around the village of Falford, a Cornish fishing village, the heroine- Rose- settles into the community whilst working as an archaeologist in the area. However, she is also on a duel mission to track down the donor whose stem cell donation saved her life and the two handsome Morvah brothers are prime candidates. I loved the focus on developing relationships- not just romantic ones but genuine friendships in this book. The bond between the main characters was strong and thought provoking. It really gives you an insight into the impact of transplants- on both recipients and donors. Another thing I loved was the myths and legends and found myself more than once looking up some of the stories mentioned. Oriel was my favourite character and I was so pleased at the outcome for her. The focus on the regatta also got me longing for a time when big parades and fetes can happen again. Overall a fantastic read but it did make me long for a cream tea and an ice cream.

A quick and easy read that I found myself picking up after a long day to unwind. The characters are beautifully written and I came to love them within the first few pages and was rooting for them all the way to the end. At times I wanted to stop reading because I just wanted the experience to go on for longer. Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I've picked up a few of of Phillipa Ashley's books over the years and always have enjoyed her books, especially for how beautifully she paints a picture of the settings! An Endless Cornish Summer is another novel where she really excels at bringing Cornwall to life! This novel follows Rose who has ended up in Cornwall to find the man who donated his marrow to save her life. It's one of two men who are brothers and she spends time getting to know them and wanting to figure out which was The One who changed her life forever. While there she ends up finding that she loves the village and finds her place in the community. Overall I really enjoyed this story but felt that it drug on a bit. I would read a story just about Oriel though, she was a GEM. The ending seemed a bit rushed compared to the rest of the story. I did enjoy it though and it was a nice escape! Thank you to NetGalley and Avon Books UK for an eARC copy of this novel in exchange for my honest review.

This is a pleasant story, set in my home county of Cornwall. Rose, an archeologist, has received a bone marrow donation for her aplastic anaemia, and is determined to find the donor. I dont think I would want to. She is accepted on a dig and bases herself, after some research, in a little seaside village where she is sure she will find the donor, maybe one of the Morvah brothers. It is a nice light read, and I thank NetGalley for the chance to review the book.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this story. It was beautifully written and the characters were all really interesting. Rose's adventure to Falford to find her donor led to a lovely story of romance with its twists and turns and friendships made. A heartwarming tale of love and adventure,

I loved this book. Set in beautiful Cornwall, we follow the story of Rose and her reasons for taking up an archaeological dig over the summer holidays down near Fulford, a place you feel you want to visit. Certainly a book not to be missed.

Another great book by Phillipa Ashley set in Cornwall. After the death of her Grandma, Rose Vernon has the opportunity to work in Cornwall where she believes the person who donated bone marrow to her lives. Will she find the person who saved her life?

Another cracker from Philipa Ashley, Rose after overcoming a serious medical condition and the death of her beloved gran decides to follow her heart and grans letter from beyond the grave to Cornwall and the possibility of meeting with her donor. In Cornwall Rose finds a community and the story begins. I really can not recommend this book enough well written characters, beautifull descriptions of Cornwall all rolled together in a wonderful book. I couldn't wait to finish it. Reviewed on Facebook

As a fan of Phillipa Ashley, I have been looking forward to the release of her summer novel for this year. How nice it was to discover that I was to be taken off on a holiday by the sea in sunny Cornwall, the destination for so many of Phillipa’s books. I found this a compelling read from the very start and was absorbed in the story to the end. The central female character here is archaeologist Rose Vernon, whose life has literally been saved by a donation of stem cells. Although such donations are anonymous, the few clues she has to the donor’s identity have led Rose to the Cornish seaside village of Falford and to two brothers who run a boatyard there. She manages to obtain a grant that will enable her to spend the summer in Falford while investigating some archaeological digs nearby. Rose has a marvellous summer in the village, making many friends and becoming involved in local activities, on and off the sea. She also gets close to Joey and Finn Morvah, the brothers she is looking for, and it looks as though she might unexpectedly have found romance. I found this a captivating and uplifting story as I accompanied Rose on her search for the person who gave her another chance at life. Phillipa Ashley skilfully conveys the seriousness with which Rose conducts her investigation and how important it is to her to find the man she seeks. Although this is the main storyline, there is plenty going on for the other characters in the book, and Rose gets involved, helping out many of them where she can. The book is filled with lovely characters, most of whom have interesting stories of their own. The village itself has a warm community feel about it; Phillipa’s descriptions very effectively transported me there and I could almost hear the clanging of the masts on the yachts in the harbour. I can recommend this book to others who are in need of an escape to the sunny coast in the company of some wonderful characters.

If you're, like me, a fan of Ms Ashley's novels set down in Cornwall, then you should rejoice as we have a new story to revel in. Rose is a survivor on a mission, a mission to find that stranger who saved her life. This quest takes her down to a quiet Cornwall coastal village where she soon become immersed in the quirks of the places colourful inhabitants, including the enticing Morvah brothers. Adventures ensue, along with mix-ups and misunderstandings which only make Rose all the more determined to find out the truth. Full of a cast of great characters, Ms Ashley's new book is certainly well-worth waiting for and I highly recommend it. My thanks to Avon and Netgalley for the ARC.

Lovely story, amazing life-like characters and very entertaining plot. I thought the occupations of the characters were very interesting. I know nothing about sailing, but have always thought it seemed like a great escape and it was a joy to experience it in this book. In addition, working as an Archaeologist is a career that I always thought would be so fulfilling. Therefore, to have these two occupations in this book was definitely a plus for me. It was a delight to read the journey of the two main characters finding each other and building toward a life together. After both of them not thinking they had much to look forward to in the future, to them finding such a strong connection made me so happy for them. The secondary characters were much more than that. Each one made a contribution to the story, are fully developed, and I miss all of them and this quirky little village since finishing the book. The themes of the book are being grateful, living your life to the fullest, and of course finding true love on the way. I want to thank NetGalley and Avon Books UK for giving me the pleasure of reading the advance reader copy, with no obligation to write a review. My review is written freely as a hobby, and is totally my own opinion, not influenced by receiving the ARC.

I really enjoyed the story of Rose, Finn, Joey. I covered a topic I haven’t really read about , I would think a lot of people have been in a similar situation. Kept you guessing till the very end. I hope in the future we can re visit and explore what happened and how the story developed. .

A lovely read with plenty of Phillipa Ashley's trademark warmth. The writing is as assured as you would expect from this author and the story and characters are believable. Many thanks to NetGalley and to the publisher for allowing me to read this in exchange for an honest review.

What a lovely, heart warming story. I am yet to read a book by Phillipa Ashley that I don’t immediately love. The characters are so warm and relatable, the settings are picturesque and the story just pulls you in. Another 5 star book that deserves a bestseller title

I've read a lot of books by Phillipa, and this is by far my favourite so far. It had humour, but it also had a lot of heart. A great story, with some really moving moments. As ever, this book made me yearn to be in Cornwall. I'd recommend this to anybody who loves a bit of romance in their life!

Phillipa Ashley never fails to please her readers. This is a gripping book, set in a lovely village full of unique characters. Our heroine looks for answers to a mystery in her past and in the process becomes a valued member of the community. Of course, there’s the matter of the 2 gorgeous brothers to be resolved, followed by confirmation of a slow burning romance just to keep the anticipation levels up. A great read.

I love Phillipa Ashley's books and was therefore very excited to be back in Cornwall with her new book, An Endless Cornish Summer. With an absolutely stunning cover, we are in the very picturesque Falford where community is at the heart of the village. Everyone is so lovely and friendly and you can imagine yourself enjoying a boat ride on the estuary. I loved the themes that run throughout the book - I found the archaeological aspect, the myths and legends and the boating elements very very interesting and fascinating. I loved the boatyard and reading all about the boats being built. For me, these themes were very unique in reading about them all in a novel and you can see due to the immense detail, the research that has been put in. I loved all the characters and the relationships in the book. The main character Rose is so wonderful and full of determination and courage. I particularly loved her friendship with Oriel and also everyone in the community - ever character in the book came alive and they all made such an impact on Rose's life in Falford. Her relationship with Finn was lovely and I loved the Regatta! I loved how Rose was dressed up as a Mermaid and just like a Mermaid, Rose certainly is a strong and tenacious lady. She is very inspirational. Rose lives life to the full and makes the most of every moment. Rose knows only too well how short life can be. After receiving lifesaving treatment, Rose is a lady on a mission to find her incredible stem-cell donor. I did struggle with these parts of the storyline with regards to the search for her donor. I totally understand why Rose wanted to thank her donor, which she did in her original letter and she did receive a reply. We know further on in the book more about this but if I did not receive further correspondence to any further letters I had sent, I would respect that this was the donor’s decision and they had reasons for this. I did think it was very good how we did see the viewpoint of the donor and the recipient and I did feel that this was sensitively written. Awareness of being a donor is vital and I hope this book does increase understanding and awareness and hopefully readers will go on the list after reading this book. There are not many books that I have I read that have such an important message, but this is one of them. A very thought-provoking, compelling read which lots of delightful friendships and romance too! Thank you very much for my advanced copy.

Phillipa Ashley – An Endless Cornish Summer I love novels set in Cornwall. I’ve always enjoyed Phillipa Ashley novels – put the two together and it’s a winner! Unusual plot for the romantic storyline, and set very much within boats and sailing, you can almost taste the salt on the pages. Well written, well plotted, and just thoroughly enjoyable. I tucked my Kindle in my handbag, and read it every spare 5 minutes at work, thankfully leaving 37% of it to finish on a weekend in one fell swoop. Wished there was more.

Back to beautiful Cornwall with Rose this time round searching for her donor who saved her life. Wonderful setting and storyline likeable characters. Who needs to go abroad this year when you can have a lovely staycation in jolly Cornwall, I know where I'll be heading this summer.

Such an enjoyable read!! Dr Rose Vernon, an archaeologist, is all set to start g excavating at a new site in beautiful Cornwall. She feels ready to take on this challenge after several years of debilitating illness and recovery which was all made possible by an anonymous donor.. The donor is also in Cornwall., one of two boat building brothers. Rose tries to unravel who is is her saviour and maybe find romance along the way.. Her quest is dramatic. . We share all the tension, secrets and love. in this compassionate and uplifting story. I loved it.

Charming, sweet, perfect read for the summer. A small community, sailing, secrets, saved lives, archaeology, love... All of this intertwined together creates the ideal book to pack in your bag on your next trip. It's easy to go through, the writing flows really smoothly. Chapters aren't too long, so it's easy to pick up and leave it when necessary. I like Phillipa's writing. It's not pretentious, it's purposeful, and she knows how to create an atmosphere and set up a great, unique setting. I do wish there was more romance here, I was craving more Rose & Finn moments especially in the first half. Overall, a cute, fun, light read for the warmer days ahead of us.

After the death of her beloved grandmother, archeologist Rose is given a letter which persuades her to find the person who, quite literally, saved her life. Leading her to the coast of Cornwall where she has been given the opportunity to do some research for her job, along with some personal research into who gave her the life saving donation. With a touch of romance, Cornish mythology and a wonderful cast of characters, Phillipa Ashley brings Falford to life. I hope to read more about this little costal village.

I dont think i have ever read a book by this author that has been bad. Another cracking read, a wonderful story based in a gorgeous location. Fantastic characters and sad in places, but such a wonderful message to not give up hope and keep living life.

The book takes place in a small Cornish fishing village called Falford, with beautiful settings and entertaining characters. Rose had needed a transplant and wishes to find who the donor was, with either Finn or his brother Joey being responsible. There is a warm, welcoming feel to the book which immediately draws you in, feeling empathy for the characters. It beautifully describes the rugged Cornish scenery, Rose’s work as an archaeologist, and the Marvah brothers’ work as boat-builders. All is well researched and interesting, giving in-depth information about the work involved. A sense of community spirit draws you into their world. I particularly liked all the main characters, each with their own issues which makes the book a more interesting read. Oriel, with whom Rose rents a room, is an amusing, quirky character, all characters are well drawn and develop throughout the plot. An entertaining light-hearted read, recommended.

Thank you NetGalley for the digital ARC. This was my first Phillipa Ashley novel and it definitely won’t be my last. This was a wonderful contemporary romance filled with characters you want to root for and a setting you wish you were in. After narrowly surviving a life-threatening illness, Rose heads to a quiet Cornish village to find the man who saved her life through an anonymous donation. From the very first chapter I was completely enthralled. There are so many details in this book you feel like you’ve become an expert on sailing and archaeology by the end! The only “con”, if you will, is that the ending felt rushed. I wanted more of the happy couple but I completely understand how it left off!

Like many reviewers here, I also love P. Ashley's books...and just about anything to do with Cornwall. Having read all of her other Cornwall books, I had high hopes for this one. It delivered! One of the best things about this book is the way she worked stem cell donation into the story, as well as the complex issues surrounding it (connecting with the donor, emotions, etc.). I learned a lot, and have been pondering it since (and, will register for stem cell donations soon, I hope, as covid times allow; I've always been signed up to be an organ donor). I loved the setting (of course!), the sailing (those descriptions were SPOT ON), the friends that Rose made, the archaeological aspects of her work and location, living in a tourist place and experiencing tourism and local seasons (been there), and even the perils of academia (and funding). These details being so true to my own experiences made the story resonate with me. The things I didn't love? A rushed ending, imho, and some secrecy around Rose looking for her donor, which made me cringe. I hope this becomes a series; I'll be first in line to read them!

I loved this story. With Lockdown I"ve needed some escapist books to keep me going and this one exactly fitted the bill. If it were allowed, I'd be heading off to Cornwall. The way that Phillipa Ashley writes allows me to imagine myself in Falford - I can see myself craning to see the view from Rose's flat. The plot is excellent and I was kept guessing until the end. I thought I'd worked it out and then there was a twist... Thoroughly recommended. Thanks to Netgalley and the publishers for the ARC to review.

A sweet summer read with characters caters you want to get to know and the best for. Rose is a feisty and intelligent young woman who is making g the most of life, grabbing opportunities and creating g others. She want to track down her stem cell donor and thinks she has narrowed down her search.. Great setting, love.y folklore, interesting sailing insight and will make a fantastic holiday read.

It was lovely to be whisked away to beautiful Cornwall with this gorgeous book! Loved the character of Rose, and her desire to live the best life she can following her illness. An interesting love story that kept me entertained and intrigued throughout. A fabulous community, I enjoyed the historical parts and the sailing ⛵️ community too. A wonderful escape to a lovely place!

This story typifies everything I love about this genre of books. Set in a Cornish seaside town, featuring colourful & interesting characters, an original backstory to the main character who is a strong female lead, excitement and interest and of course simmering romance is just perfect. Working in paediatric oncology & haematology, in particular those needing treatment with bone marrow / stem cell transplants, and I have worked with a number of patients with aplastic anaemia, so it was great to see it featured in a storyline and experienced by the main character. Bringing this illness & treatment, and the life-saving potential people who donate their stem cells, into the public awareness is wonderful and I applaud & thank Phillipa for doing this. It would have been even better had the contact details for the British Bone Marrow Registry, Anthony Nolan and DKMS for readers to gain more information about becoming donors. I really enjoyed reading this book, a wonderful storyline set in the perfect location.

An Endless Cornish Summer by Phillipa Ashley is a wonderful contemporary romance that is so unique and engaging, and that I thoroughly enjoyed. I really liked this plot concept of Rose seeking out her stem-cell donor. I enjoyed reading the search and thought process from more then one viewpoint. I do not think I have ever read anything that included this before. The serious concepts that are introduced are perfectly balanced with the heartfelt and light/fun plot threads. I also loved the amazing location of Falford, Cornwall. The author's ability to describe the landscapes, town, customs, inhabitants, as well as adding the historical components, was impressive. She has a true talent of being able to make the reader feel as if they are really there as well. I really enjoyed the full character cast: Rose, Oriel, and Finn. The relationships were real, raw, realistic, and heartwarming. I recommend this book to anyone that wants a great book that not only has a wonderful character cast, but also a romance with amazing locations and a meaningful message that really brings it all together into one great read. 5/5 stars Thank you NG and Avon Books UK for this wonderful arc and in return I am submitting my unbiased and voluntary review and opinion. I am posting this review to my GR and Bookbub accounts immediately and will post it to my Amazon, Instagram, and B&N accounts upon publication.

Thanks to NetGalley and Avon Books for this ARC. Rose, an archaeologist, is recovering from a life-threatening medical condition. Determined to find the donor who saved her life, Rose's detective work leads her to a beautiful Cornish fishing village and the Morvah brothers. As is the way in this genre of book, Rose's archaeological research also takes her to Cornwall, where she is able to base herself for the long summer. Meeting some delightful characters, Rose quickly becomes a part of the fishing village community, making friends, and more, along the way. This book is charming - it will make you want to move to Cornwall and learn to sail! Warm, funny and slightly predictable, but none the worse for that.

Phillipa Ashley is my go to author, I love her books based in cornwall and they all grip you from start. All I want to do is escape into Phillipa's books. This book is based in a cornish boating village of Falford. Her description of the place and scenery is stunning. Rose has had a traumatic start to adult life along with trying to keep studying for her archaeology PHD. She is given a lifeline in her health and after a successful transplant she decides to set off to find her anonymous donor, which leads her to Cornwall. She sets up temporary home in Falford while both working and trying to find who her donor was. The wonderful characters she meets along the way and forms strong bonds with them. Phillipa's description of village life is so real I want to live there. A wonderful feel good read.

A light, feel good, easy read. Really enjoyed the characters and the beautiful setting. Rose is an archeologist who has had to battle a severe health issue. When she has finally recovered she receives a letter from her beloved grandmother who has passed away. In the letter Rose's grandmother encourages her to find the donor who ultimately saved her life and thank him. With her mind made up, Rose heads to Cornwall to work on an archeological dig and search for the mysterious donor. Along the way she makes friends, finds the beauty in the community, and feels like she belongs. I received an advance copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

A comforting read exuding warmth and a feel good factor to escape with. Set in an idyllic Cornish coastal village full of delightful local characters creating a true community spirit away from the tourists. Liberally sprinkled with a touch of humour thrown in with an emphasis on life on a picturesque river estuary loosely based near Falmouth. There are some serious issues addressed plus the usual round of misunderstandings but a brilliant summer/holiday book to sit back and relax with.

I enjoyed this story so much. It was filled with hope, adventure and tales of myth and legend. I would recommend this book hands down because I didn't want to put it down. Really easy to read, and it made me feel like I was in the seaside community with them, enjoying the sights and being immersed in the atmosphere. It's made me even more eager to get outside and explore, when we can.

Rose is a complex character, who has been through so much with having survived aplastic aneamia after having a bone marrow transplant from a donor. Despite all odds, Rose manages to complete her studies & decides to take a research project in Cornwall. Her beloved Grandmother dies & a letter she leaves, encourages Rose to get in touch with her donor, who after some correspondance lives in Cornwall. A lovely story, that covers relationships, life in a village & friendships in an enticing way. It gets you hooked & it i took two sittings to read this lovely book. Enjoy x

What a fabulous book, I love the way the story flows, I would encourage all my friends to buy this book!!

What a beaut of a book. I love Phillippa Ashley's books and this one was no exception. This one felt slightly different to the others I have read, but was certainly not to the detriment of the reader. I loved the inclusion of the Cornish mythology and legends and the undercurrent of the search for Rose's donor, they certainly added a certain something to an already fantastic setting. Highly recommended.

What a lovely story. Really liked the characters and how this book was written. Really interesting story that kept me hooked.

Another great book by Phillipa, I didnt want to put it down, would have been even better if I could have been sat in Cornwall reading it ! Rose had aplastic anaemia when she was at University doing her Archaeology degree and a donor saves her life. After her grandmother who brought her up dies she decides to try and track down her donor to say thank you. She heads off to Cornwall where she can combine her work and try to find out who they are

Rose is an archeologist after going through a medical crisis, and finds herself in Cornwall both to do research and find the donor who saved her life. The book starts slow and focuses on Rose’s health, but the bulk of the story is about Rose going from ‘emmet’ to a member of the community. Along the way you get to meet the Morvah brothers, Oriel, Naomi, and several others that round out the story. Will the story blow you away? Perhaps not. But it will charm you and make you want to visit Cornwall during the regatta. The only major drawback was the ending felt a bit rushed and too tidy. Thanks to NetGalley and Avon Books for the arc.

Rose's passion is the ancient past so embarked on archeology studies but they were interrupted by the need for a bone marrow transplant to treat her aplastic anaemia. Now she is back to full health and receives funding to work in the west country near to where she suspects her anonymous donor lives. Rose decides to try to identify him and thank him in person; she begins to get drawn into community life and finds herself making friends and living her life fully again. Lovely warming story of friendship and community in a beautifully described look at Cornish life.

An Endless Cornish Summer.. Rose is the main character, who has survived a life threatening illness and has survived because of an anonymous donor. This anonymous donor leads Rose to Cornwall, to a little fishing village. Rose gets drawn into the local life and we as the reader we see the effect this little village has on Rose. I’m always a fan of a book set in Cornwall (even though I’m lucky enough to live in Cornwall) but I am also a huge fan of the author and never been disappointed with her books. This book is pure sunshine and escapism in a book. At times it was predictable, however this isn’t a bad thing, as there was a lot of twists and turns, turns the story took which I didn’t expect and which made me question weather it was as predictable as I first thought. This would be a great holiday/beach read or if in current times you wished you were on a beach then this is perfect, the writing is so descriptive it will take you to straight to sunny Cornwall. Rose’s reason for going to Cornwall is for serious reason however this book is funny and light, with great characters, some quirky and eccentric but the characters feel really, the book feels Cornish, like it’s been written by someone who lives in Cornwall or who has a great love for Cornwall, It has great heart. One thing that did make me smile is that the author in places has used the Cornish language for example ‘emmet’, a Cornish world used for tourists from up country. Simply meaning an ant. It’s little touches like this that show the research that’s been done for the book and makes it feel Cornish, gives it heart. I liked this book, It was a nice a way read, definitely worth a read and will be recommending.

What a wonderful read! I loved the characters and some of the journeys they went on. I felt like I learnt so much about sailing and archaeology but more importantly it made me want to be by the sea and feel the sun on my skin and get on that doner list! Family, friendships and twists of relationships, with sun, sea and good old fashioned community spirit, what more could you ask for. A smashing read guaranteed to put a smile in your face!

Review of An Endless Cornish Summer by Phillipa Ashley First book I have read by this author and really enjoyed it. This is the story of Rose, who has just narrowly survived a life threatening illness thanks to an annonymous donor. Wanting to find him to thank him so goes on a trail and learns about herself around Cornwall. Will she find her answers? A nice read.

Cornwall is right at the top of my to visit list and Phillipa Ashley only made me want to visit more. This book is filled with beautiful descriptions of quite a few locations and there is loads of history included too. If you’re a book lover you might be interested in the Daphne Du Maurier references throughout as well. I really enjoyed the basic idea of the plot, with main character Rose trying to figure out who helped to save her life. It was a little far fetched that she could actually find them from a postcard but it didn’t stop me from liking the adventure. This book has some really wonderful characters, especially with Rose and the Morvah brothers. Everyone had a great story to tell and they were really interesting to read about. Ashley makes sure to keep the story light and fun throughout even though there’s an important mystery to be solved. My only slight niggle really was the ending, as I felt it was a bit too rushed. It wasn’t completely believable but it didn’t ruin the book.

This was a delightful story set in one of the wonderful Cornish communities. Great characters, an exciting, rewarding storyline and a lovely conclusion.. More please!

I loved this fun, uplifting feel good book. It really made me smile and at the moment is something that we all desperately need. Taking me away from the world we are living in to a place where everything was ok again. Thank you.

This is my second Phillipa Ashley book and I loved this one too! This felt like a vacation to Cornwall since I’ve never been. Her characters are well developed and oh so likeable. I also really enjoyed the archaeological focus since the main character, Rose, is a professor of archaeology at a university in Cambridge. She has a blood illness that was life threatening and received a bone marrow transplant from an unknown donor that helped her recover. Rose decides to search for her donor and narrows it down to two brothers, Joey and Finn who live in Cornwall, So she plans a dig in the nearby area for the summer. I won’t spoil the rest of the story, but it was sweet and fun. A great summer book and I look forward to more from this author, hopefully another Christmas story? I received an ARC from the publisher in exchange for my honest review. Thank you!

A charming book, a must read for your summer holidays. Full of romance, friendship and sailing. The characters come alive and the storyline keeps you hooked from start to finish.

Phillipa Ashley is one of my favourite writers and I wasn't disappointed with her latest novel. It had me hooked from the first page and I so wanted a happy ending. I hope there is a sequel as this needs to be followed up!! When they characters were sailing I could feel the spray on my face it was so detailed and a lovely story as always.

This is the latest novel from Phillipa Ashley to be set in the magical county of Cornwall. Rose is in search of the donor who saved her life whilst carrying out an archaeology project. No one in the small fishing village of Falford seems to notice that she has based herself some distance from her work. Through the summer Rose gradually immerses herself in the community and makes friends with the locals. There are plenty of loving descriptions of the local area and numerous colourful characters. Great holiday reading. Thanks to Net Galley and the publishers for the opportunity to review this book.

I was gifted this book via NetGalley and give it my honest opinion. I loved it!!! This book is full of love, romance and a bit of mystery. The cornish coast is always a pleasure to have in a book and this one did not disappoint. Rose is a lovable character and has a great story to follow. I recommend this as an easy read and a great escape.

This is an emotional read, especially at the beginning, which then blends into a sweet romance story. It's got a bit of a twist in it that was nice, but I was disappointed in the ending which was kind of open ended in regards to acknowledging who the donor was. Still, it was a good read. Very enjoyable with a HEA.

Loved this so much! Loved the mystery of the two brothers and the possible donor that helped Rose get better. Some parts with the sailing did make me remember my sea legs and how I do not have them. Romance, mystery and just pure joy! Highly recommended. Another great story from Phillipa

Another lovely story by Phillips Ashley a book that I sunk into left Mahoney and moved to Cornell.The. Characters the story I was swept away really loved the atmosphere just a wonderful read.#netgalley #avonbooksuk

I love the Cornish novels written by this author. I enjoyed following the journey of Rose and discovery the secret that unfolded. I also hoped for a happy ending! A great feel good read!

A lovely romance novel set in the beautiful location of Cornwall. Lots to keep you hooked on this story and the inevitable will they, won't they to keep you in.

A brilliant novel which highlights how we should appreciate life and never take anything for granted. Get wrapped up in the local village life and the regatta; new found friends and romance in the air. For a great staycation take this book and transport yourself to the Cornish Seaside.

You can never go wrong with a Phillipa Ashley novel and this did not disappoint. The cover is also fitting for the story.

Another wonderful read from Phillipa Astley. Thoroughly enjoyed this tale set in beautiful Cornwall. Definitely one to curl up on the sofa with

Once again I felt like I’ve had a long holiday in Cornwall ! Such believable characters from the warmth and intelligence of Rose to the enigmatic moody Finn offset by the comical and quirky Oriel who’s character development was so believable and heartwarming, that you rooted for her and loved the strong bond and friendship between her and Rose! Nice to see a lesbian relationship in the book which in rom com is refreshing! Loved the references into archaeology of the area and legends and myths both enlightening and showed lots of research! A well written engaging story that had you almost smelling the aroma of wood in the boathouse, feeling the sea spray of the wild Cornish coast but also took on the serious subject of stem cell donation! That’s to Net-galley and Avon books for the e-ARC in exchange for my honest opinion!

“An Endless Cornish Summer” by Phillipa Ashley is a true feel good novel. It is just such a sweet and heartwarming story. You can not help but feel absolutely amazing after having read this book. Rose Vernon has a very special mission, and it is not by accident, that she ended up in Cornish village. She just survived a life-threatening illness, and she is over the moon by her anonymous donor. She wants nothing more than to thank him in person, so she does everything she can to figure out who this mystery man is. But it might be harder than she first thought. The descriptions are incredible. The descriptions of Cornwall are especially beautiful, as it is such an incredible setting. Phillipa Ashley has a special way of describing landscape, and it works perfectly! The characters are very likeable. I loved Rose's character and how she is eager to find her donor. She has a lot of emotions, and you can feel them all the way out of the paper. There is not much drama or intricate storylines in the book, which makes it easy to read on the go, and which makes it a wonderful read. It will make you feel warm inside to read this book. I also have to mention the fact that this whole book is based upon donors and stem-cell donors. It is a great way to help other people in need, and as this book shows, people are very appreciative. So it might be something to consider, to become a donor.

This tells the story of archeologist Rose, taking a temporary job in Cornwall after recovering from a serious illness. She is nervous, but feels it is something she needs to do for various reasons (I won't spoil the story). She makes good friends along the way, including boat builder brothers Finn and Joey. Such a lovely range of characters, all lovable in their own way - with the exception of Nigel!!! A really heartwarming and moving read....

I feel like escaping to the seaside myself after reading this book and being in lockdown so long! The plot is excellent and I was kept guessing until the end. I thought I'd worked it out and then there was a twist...which I loved and never saw coming! Thoroughly recommended. Thanks to Netgalley and the publishers for the ARC to review.

I love all of Phillipa Ashley's books I have read so was so pleased to get this book. I was hooked straight away and loved the chance of a trip to Cornwall via this story. It was great to get to know Rose and her story. Rose is a determined intelligent lady who is on a mission. Along the way it was great to ready about the quirky characters from the lovely fishing village.. It was like a hug in a book and I enjoyed the escapism of the story having not been able to travel for so long. As usual with Phillipa's stories you feel like you are in Cornwall and getting to know the characters was so lovely. Just when you think you know what is going to happen the story takes an unexpected twist. I was sorry to get to the end and would love to read more about Falford. Look forward to the next book.

As well as offering a delightful storyline for a heartwarming summer read, this novel also showcases the far west of Cornwall exquisitely. The descriptions of the coast and creeks of the area are rich and evocative, and the author clearly understands the challenges facing the communities that live and work there all year round and manages to weave this into her narrative. Highly recommended

Rose has just lost her grandmother but she had left rose a letter. To go and find the donor who saved her life. rose has few clues to go but ends up in the seaside village of Falford, in Cornwall. She has a dig nearby and moves into a small flat in the village and soon becomes immersed in village life. she narrows the donor down to two young men who own a boat building business. Can she find out her donor and will they want to know her? Will the discovery change her life forever? A good summer read which will leave you with a warm feeling.

An Endless Cornish Summer - Phillipa Ashley I received an advance review copy for free thanks to NetGalley and Avon Books and I am leaving this review voluntarily For Rose, every day is a gift. She narrowly survived a life-threatening illness and owes everything to her anonymous donor. Determined to thank him, Rose follows a trail of clues that lead her to the little Cornish fishing village of Falford.    But things become complicated when Rose is drawn into local life, becoming involved in the legendary Falford Regatta and meeting the handsome Morvah brothers – one of whom might just be the man she’s looking for. But which one? I read this book in one sitting and it was a joy to read from start to finish. With themes such as archaeological study, myths, legends and boats there is something for everyone. I enjoyed reading about all of the characters and their relationships, I was definitely drawn in by Rose’s courage and determination following her transplant. Ashley has a real talent for describing locations in such a vivid way that they are so easy to imagine. Rating 4/5 I hope that this book raises awareness of the benefits to being a donor.

This is the perfect summer read. Full of humour, feel good, wonderful characters (apart from Nige!), a gorgeous setting in a Cornish fishing village that made me remember childhood holidays, romance and a bit of mystery. It’s escapism to a glorious summer without covid tests, and restricted countries, but one filled with sun, Cornish villages, beaches, harbours, sailing, wild moorlands, winding lanes and waterside pubs and cafes. With many thanks to Avon Books for the opportunity to read this ARC, in return for an honest and unbiased review.

What a wonderful book, full of lovely characters - apart from Nigel of course! The story was so uplifting and cheerful, reminding us that life is precious and to cherish your friends, family and health! Rose is endearing and soon makes friends, I love that this was based in Cornwall and reminded me of idyllic childhood holidays.

The last Phillipa Ashley book I read, prior to An Endless Cornish Summer, was A Surprise Christmas Wedding. I read this in December, when all I wanted was a traditional Christmas with family, Christmas markets and hugs. The book allowed me to live all the warm festivities we were unable to have in 2020. Now, An Endless Cornish Summer has given me the same glorious escapism to Cornwall, in the Summer of 2021. The book starts with Rose having been diagnosed with a life threatening condition, for which she needs a bone marrow transplant to have any chance of survival. This starts her journey to the stunning Cornish town of Falford. The descriptions of which are so vivid and full, that you can see the boatyard and the secret coves, feel the sun on your face and taste the salt in the air. I always find Phillipa’s books to be kind, warming and like being wrapped up in a wonderful hug from the very best friend. You are transported to another place, where maybe life isn’t always smooth, but you always feel safe, knowing that the warmth of the characters will shine through and triumph in the end. If you are looking for a cosy read, in a beautiful setting, in the heart of a lovely, caring community, this 4* read is definitely the one for you.

Rose, an archeologist, survived aplastic anemia thanks to a transplant from an anonymous donor but now she's in