Queen of All

Pub Date 09 Jun 2021 | Archive Date Not set
GenZ Publishing, Zenith Publishing

Talking about this book? Use #QueenofAll #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Jena lives on her family’s struggling farm and in her beautiful friend Sisi’s shadow. She’s not interested in Sisi’s plans to uncover the Kingdom’s darkest secrets: the suppression of magic, and the crown prince’s systemic murder of those who practice it.

Jena only wants to keep a secret of her own—her changing feelings for Sisi. Yet when a letter arrives summoning Sisi to the royal Midwinter Ball, Jena has no choice but to follow her into a new world of mystery and danger.

Sisi falls into a perilous romance with the very crown prince she despises. Desperate to save her, Jena searches for answers in the halls of the palace and in the ancient texts of its library.

She discovers that the chance to save her friend, and their world, lies in her own ability to bring the magic back and embrace her own power.

A Note From the Publisher

Queen of All is a YA fantasy with LGBTQ+ characters, plus-sized representation, and Jewish representation.

Advance Praise

"Engaging, fascinating, un-put-downable (seriously, I didn’t)!" - Tamora Pierce,#1 _New York Times _bestselling author

EDITION Ebook
ISBN 9781952919220

I chose to read Queen of All as part of my personal quest to try new genres. I have always been in the ‘I don’t like fantasy camp’. I was wrong. Queen of All is a story of unrequited, deep, and selfless love, set on a backdrop of secrets, magic, and an evil Prince. The plot moves at just the right pace, keeping you captivated and wanting more. I enjoyed the similarities and comparisons between the society within the book and that of the real world. How women can be objectified, belong to men, ‘affections’ can be traded for, and that they are expected to behave in certain ways. I felt the story arc of Jena comprehending and coming to terms with her sexuality was done incredibly well, it was a gradual process, and I was touched that her Aunt Mae was able to offer her someone to talk to and show her compassion and understanding. The author’s writing style is original and ingenious. The development of Sisi and Jena throughout the book and their ‘coming-of-age’ in terms of growing from girls to women is poignant. Whilst Sisi finds love and settles down ‘traditionally’ into her womanhood, Jena grows into her strength, independence, and spirit. I cannot wait for book two to follow what happens next for Jena, I’m completely gripped! Thank you, NetGalley and Zenith Publishing for the e-arc.