No Spring Chicken

Stories and Advice from a Wild Handicapper on Aging and Disability

Pub Date 29 Jun 2021 | Archive Date 10 Aug 2021
PR by the Book, She Writes Press

Talking about this book? Use #NoSpringChicken #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

As we age, we all begin to have physical difficulties to contend with.

In No Spring Chicken, Francine Falk-Allen—a polio survivor who knows a thing or two about living with a disability—offers her own take on how to navigate the complications aging brings with equanimity (and a sense of humor). The handbook is divided into three sections: Part I is a jaunt through accessible travel pleasures and pitfalls in several parts of the world; Part II addresses the adaptation people who love a handicapped or aging person could make in order to have a lighter, more mutually rewarding relationship with him or her, as well as advice for physically challenged and aging persons themselves regarding self-care, exercise, pain management, healthcare, and more; and Part III discusses the challenges, rewards and logistics of engaging with groups of people who share similar issues.

Accessible and wryly funny, No Spring Chicken is a fun and informative guide to living your best and longest life—whatever your physical challenges, and whatever your age.

As we age, we all begin to have physical difficulties to contend with.

Send To Kindle (PDF)