Einstein

The Fantastic Journey of a Mouse Through Space and Time

Pub Date 07 Sep 2021 | Archive Date 06 Sep 2021
North South Books Inc., NorthSouth Books

Talking about this book? Use #Einstein #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Time is relative! Award-winning, illustrator Torben Kuhlmann’s brilliant new book bends time and imagination

When an inventive mouse misses the biggest cheese festival the world has ever seen, he’s determined to turn back the clock. But what is time, and can it be influenced? With the help of a mouse clockmaker, a lot of inventiveness, and the notes of a certain famous Swiss physicist he succeeds in traveling back in time. But when he misses his goal by eighty years, the only one who can help is an employee of the Swiss Patent Office, who turned our concept of space and time upside down.

From the creator of Lindbergh–The Tale of a Flying Mouse, Moletown, Armstrong – The Adventurous Journey of a Mouse to the Moon, and Edison – The Mystery of the Missing Mouse Treasure comes Einstein. Torben Kuhlmann, in his fourth mouse adventure, explores the question: Suppose Albert Einstein’s famous theories first came into being through an encounter with a little mouse?

Rave Reviews for Einstein:

His unique ability to combine fun, facts, science and biography makes Einstein a real triumph.
BookPage, Starred Review

"As in Armstrong (2016) and Edison (2018), Kuhlmann employs a mix of narrative and fantastically detailed mouse’s-eye-view pencil-and-watercolor scenes to portray a small, furry investigator intrepidly tackling scientific and technological challenges in a human-sized world—here involving old records in a certain Swiss patent office, clock gears and computer parts, trial and error, and equations on chalkboards." - Kirkus, Starred Review

A Note From the Publisher

-Kuhlmann creates an immersive world in each of his Mouse Adventure books. -Einstein blends incredible illustrations with a STEM-friendly story, offering hours of enjoyment. -Kuhlmann has a devoted following, and his book, EDISON, was named an ALA Batchelder Honor Award title. -Lavish jacketed hardcover package, fully illustrated including author notes about the real life Einstein.

Advance Praise

"This is an oversized book with some of the most beautiful artwork I’ve seen, revealing the history of not only the mouse and his grey-bearded relatives, but the great man himself! What a remarkably creative way to explain his Theory of Relativity. I think this book is aimed at younger folk, but my inner child adores it, so it’s going on my shelf of best treasures, and whether you’re into science, history, critters or just a great story and superb artwork, I know your inner child will love it, too! AND, it will make a great gift for the season." –Auntie's Books

Marketing Plan

Prepublication Buzz Campaign

Dedicated Einstein/Mouse Adventures Website

Einstein Book Trailer - Premiering via "America's Librarian" Mr. Schu the week of Albert Einstein's Birthday (March 14)

The Making of Einstein Video

Prepublication Buzz Campaign

Dedicated Einstein/Mouse Adventures Website

The...

Send To Kindle (PDF)

ARC Copy...Just like its' previous predecessors...full of lush art work that seem ground in reality despite the premise being magical in a way + blending historical and fantasy is in full force again this time...hehe yes time.

I am a sucker for Torben Kuhlmann’s books. He is an amazing illustrator and his stories are well crafted. As a former science teacher, I enjoy how the characters always have to problem solve when their initial trials/experiments fail. How they have to rely on other scientists for help. I love the use of scientific language throughout the story, scientists’ biography, and explanations of scientific concepts at the end. I love the history interwoven into a heartfelt story about a curious mouse. To conclude, I LOVED this book! It was creative and engaging – made me chuckle in several parts. The illustrations are stellar (as always) and the story is cute and educational! A must read for all ages, children and adults alike. Thank you Netgalley and North South Books for this ARC. I loved this book and look forward to adding it to our library upon its release. I will also be sharing it with all my nieces and nephews because they have thoroughly enjoyed Torben Kuhlmann’s other works!