Daughter of Lies and Ruin

Pub Date 05 Oct 2021 | Archive Date 26 Oct 2021
Harper 360, Voyager AU

Talking about this book? Use #DaughterofLiesandRuin #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Why do the worst people sometimes make the best family? From the author of Winter Be My Shield and A Curse of Ash & Embers comes the next absorbing Blackbone Witches novel.

'If they didn't want to get turned into beasts and used to fuel a ritual, they shouldn't have attacked a witch. That's all there is to it.'

There's something strange brewing in this tinder-dry forest -- a girl with a sword and a secret, a troupe of vicious bandits vanished without a trace, beasts that don't belong and a witch with a macabre plan.

Elodie hasn't been learning witchcraft for long, but she knows enough to be worried, and the fact that her mentor Aleida wants to pack up and leave in short order isn't helping to settle her nerves.

Elodie just hopes to get everyone out of this mess unharmed, but it's looking more unlikely with every passing hour. And when the strange witch's ire falls on her, Aleida's wrath sparks a fire that threatens to scorch the earth itself ...

'If they didn't want to...

I really enjoyed this book and I'm looking forward to the rest of the series. There was great character development and plot development and I really enjoyed the writing. I did not want this book to end! Thank you Netgalley and Harper 360 for this ARC but all opinions are my own.

this was a really well done story, I enjoyed how the author created their world. It was a great entry in the series and I look forward to reading more in the series and from the author.