My Art, My World

Pub Date 19 Oct 2021 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #MyArtMyWorld #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Rita: Do we have any boxes?

Mom: Sure, Why do you need a box?

Rita: My teacher says I have to think outside the box!

Approaching her daily life with enthusiasm and a dry sense of humor, Rita rides public transit to her job working at a university coffee shop. She takes yoga and folk dance classes and enjoys drama and music at a day program, and she continues to practice using sign language. Rita’s great passion is making art. Here she shows her love for the world in fun and beautiful works of art.

Rita: Do we have any boxes?

Mom: Sure, Why do you need a box?

Rita: My teacher says I have to think outside the box!

Approaching her daily life with enthusiasm and a dry sense of humor, Rita...

PRICE CA$19.95 (CAD)

Send To Kindle (PDF)

Thanks for the opportunity to review this book in exchange for honest feedback. This is all about Rita. To be honest, this is Rita’s world and I’m just living in it. I really enjoyed learning a bit about this delightful individual through the mode of artistic expression. My favorite painting of Rita’s was the summer flowers, which she says make her feel happy. I agree! Another fav was the telemarketer drawing. I definitely had a chuckle. Rita has Downs Syndrome, and through this book, she tells us a little about her life experiences. Each panel comes alongside a painting or drawing she has made. She’s got some really interesting things to share and a great sense of humor. I’m glad to have the opportunity to read a bit more about her and see her artwork.