'Twas the Season of Advent

Devotions and Stories for the Christmas Season

Pub Date 26 Oct 2021 | Archive Date 02 Nov 2021

Talking about this book? Use #TwastheSeasonofAdvent #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Begin a new Advent family tradition with this beautiful celebration of the season! Fill your hearts with joy as you read and reflect on this most special of seasons in our faith.

From Glenys Nellist, the bestselling author of the Snuggle Time and Love Letters from God series as well as the holiday favorites ‘Twas the Evening of Christmas and ‘Twas the Morning of Easter, comes ‘Twas the Season of Advent, a beautiful and heartwarming celebration of Advent that’s perfect for the entire family. Perfect as a family devotional, each day of Advent is celebrated with stories from the Old and New Testaments, highlighting the promise of Christ’s birth.

Written in both prose and poetry, ‘Twas the Season of Advent will engage children and adults alike and become a new holiday tradition for families everywhere!

‘Twas the Season of Advent:

Written in prose and poetry to appeal to all ages, especially 4-8 year olds

Brings Advent to life with Scripture as well as the lovely storytelling of Glenys Nellist

Beautiful artwork done by Elena Selivanova

Perfect gift for the family as they prepare for the Christmas seasonPortions written in the familiar rhyme scheme of Clement Moore’s Twas the Night Before Christmas

Cover features spot UV

‘Twas the season of Advent, when all through the earth,

People were pausing to ponder Christ’s birth.

The bright lights were hung ‘round the doorframes with care

In hopes that Christmastime soon would be there…

Prepare the way for the LORD. Isaiah 40:3

Welcome to the wonderful season of Advent! Do you know what Advent means? It means ‘the arrival of a notable person, thing, or event’. Advent is a time when we wait, and prepare for, and look forward to, the arrival of God’s son, Jesus. But the word Advent is part of a bigger word, too. Can you see it in the word Adventure?

From Glenys Nellist...

Trusted bestselling Christian author Glenys Nellist

A beautiful and engaging advent book for the whole family

Perfect for Christmas gift-giving and tied to the popular ‘Twas books

PRICE A$32.99 (AUD)

This is a beautiful book to read a page a day with kids for Advent. I enjoyed the bible verses and little story each day. There are little blurbs at the beginning of each page that can be read with small kids and are done often in similar style to the traditional Twas the Night Before Christmas story. The bible verses and detailed story can be read with older kids. There is a prayer for each if the 24 days before Christmas that can be said and even discussed as a family. The pictures are beautifully done and correspond with the story. I highly recommend this book for families who believe in the season of Advent and even those just learning about the season.

This book has pretty pictures and tells the advent story. It is simplistic and perfect for young children to learn the story!

Each day starts with a rhyme, then a verse and a devotional, and ends with a short prayer. Plus each day has it's own beautiful illustration. This book will be a sweet tool for families to use during advent.

We have always celebrated Advent in our home, and I would have loved this book for my kids when they were little. We pieced together stories from all different sources and this wonderful resource puts together all the right elements to explain and celebrate advent for little hearts. The illustrations are beautiful, and the stories are simple and easy to understand. Each day, for 25 days in December, has a poem or prose at the top, a devotional reading and in some cases, a recommended prayer. This would make an excellent gift to be enjoyed as a family. I received a complimentary copy from the publisher via NetGalley and all opinions expressed are solely my own, freely given.