Unstoppable

Women With Disabilities

Pub Date 21 Sep 2021 | Archive Date 30 Jul 2021

Talking about this book? Use #Unstoppable #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Around the world, people living with disabilities face barriers in the built environment, in employment and education, and in social attitudes and policies that can make it hard to live a full and satisfying life.

The ten women we meet in this book face physical and mental health challenges, some from birth and some who became disabled later in life. But they all share the determination to make the world a better place, not just for themselves but for those who will come after them. Their fields are as diverse as elite sport, neurosurgery, architecture, and environmental activism, and while some have devoted themselves to disability policy, others prefer to lead by example. In either case they have proved themselves to be unstoppable.

ISBN 9781772602098
PRICE CA$19.95 (CAD)

Send To Kindle (PDF)

Thank you for the opportunity to review this book in exchange for honest feedback. I thought this was a very interesting look into the dynamic world we live in. I was intrigued by the ways in which these women adapt and pioneer their causes. At the same time, they achieved greatness in careers and hobbies. Excellent book with a clear message and aim.

Such an important book! I plan to buy this book for my younger cousins to show them how strong women are!