Other Women

Pub Date 10 Jul 2020 | Archive Date 31 Oct 2021

Talking about this book? Use #OtherWomen #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Two evangelical girls fall in love in an Iowa treehouse. Will religion tear them apart?

Kirsten Hansen is a femme, twenty-something writer living in San Francisco with her partner, Soraya, a therapist who barely escaped war-torn Afghanistan. Soraya announces she would like to have a baby just as Kirsten realizes she may not want to stay in their relationship. Punctuated by arguments in razor-sharp dialogue, flashbacks to Kirsten's first love in a treehouse in Iowa, and Kirsten's own internal narrative of temptation, betrayal, guilt, and often humor, the plot unfolds as Kirsten goes about haphazardly dismantling her relationship with Soraya while not-so-secretly plunging into an on-line search for love.

EDITION Ebook

The marriage story but with actual substance. I felt for both women. There wasn't a side to pick; and everyone in this story had a story to tell of their own. It showed the true issue when it comes to marriage; the power in balances between two individuals and how that can drive a wedge within a relationship. Very eye opening and admirable.

I was not able to put this book down everything about it just kept me turning the pages! Fun read from beginning to end; held my interest.

This book is quite angst-filled and emotional. It holds the interest, but is less about light fun and enjoyment and more about the realities of some relationships. Thanks to NetGalley for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I liked this book. It was well-written and full of angst which I always enjoy in a book and it didn’t miss with this one! It wasn’t overplayed and I felt a lot of the emotions the author was looking to convey. I liked the seriousness of the book, it definitely it’s a light novel. I think it is worth reading!