Christmas Is Coming

Traditions from Around the World

Pub Date 14 Sep 2021 | Archive Date 13 Sep 2021
North South Books Inc., NorthSouth Books

Talking about this book? Use #ChristmasIsComing #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

The perfect book for long wintery evenings—not just under the Christmas tree!

Why do we decorate Christmas trees? Do all children receive gifts on the same day?

Come find out as Monika Utnik-Strugala captures the smells, tastes, and unforgettable traditions about the most popular, exciting, contemplative, and unqiue Christmas customs and legends from around the world. Find out why celebrate Christmas on December 25th, who invented the first glass ornament, why people build nativity scenes, and more!

A truly international collection of legends and traditions are included in the volume such as -  Glögg, Kutia, Lutefisk, Jansson's Temptation, Julskinka, Bûche de Noël, Hallaca, Kourabiedes, Christmas Pudding, Panettone, Christmas carols, talking animals, and The Nutcracker!

With the atmospheric illustrations by Ewa Poklewska-Koziello, this is an ideal companion for the Christmas season.
The perfect book for long wintery evenings—not just under the Christmas tree!

Come find out as Monika...

A Note From the Publisher

-Stunning illustrations combine with fun readaloud facts about Christmas around the world -A truly international collection of legends and traditions are included in the volume such as - Glögg, Kutia, Lutefisk, Jansson's Temptation, Julskinka, Bûche de Noël, Hallaca, Kourabiedes, Christmas Pudding, Panettone, Christmas carols, talking animals, and The Nutcracker! -A deluxe edition, perfect for curling up in front of the tree!

Marketing Plan

-Included in holiday round up mailing

-Social Media and Website promotion

-Digital ARCs available for review

Send To Kindle (PDF)

I absolutely adored this book, it is just beautiful and the stories are amazing. I shall be using this constantly in the lead up to Christmas and shall be ordering several copies for classroom and library.

I can't believe how beautiful and comprehensive this book was! I wasn't ready for it! The amount of information this book contains, how well it is depicted and how much I've actually learned as an adult is incredible. I can't believe I even called myself a Christmas addict before this, because I didn't know half of the things that are explained here. Did you know where the tallest Christmas tree is? Or where St. Nick arrives on a steamboat instead of a sleigh?! As well as that in one country people put up a giant goat instead of a Christmas tree? Not a real one of course. You will learn a lot about Christmas, the dates, traditions, the history, but most importantly, how Christmas is done around the world. Every country has a different traditions, from Germany to the Philippines, and this book beautifully illustrates every single one. I recommend reading two stories or pages each day in December, leading up to Christmas! It's a great learning experience plus it creates the anticipation for Christmas. Not to mention, it's gorgeous, beautifully illustrated, and it's so incredibly fun to read and look at the illustrations. It's one of those books that you pick up, make a cup of tea and just slowly read, enjoying every bit of it. I don't usually buy all ARCs I get the pleasure of reading, but this one. This one is already on my Christmas books list and it's going to become a permanent part of my collection.