Things Heroes Say

A Fantasy Artbook & Phrasebook

Pub Date 13 Jul 2021 | Archive Date 27 Jul 2021

Talking about this book? Use #ThingsHeroesSay #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

For anyone in need of a pithy one-liner, a harrowing phrase, or a jaunty quip for their next story or role-playing game, this collection of fantasy artwork and phrases will be the ultimate resource for fun and creativity.

When attacked by a dragon, some might say, “My shield is strong and my sword is sharp. Stand behind me if you want to live.” Others might say, “Dead or alive, that thing is going in my lunch-pack.” Even more players, however, might not know what to say at all, and need a little help.

Things Heroes Say is a collection of fantasy illustrations alongside some go-to phrases for when you're playing a tabletop RPG—a companion book to help start conversations or unleash that killer one-liner when it’s time to fight. For storytelling, character building, or the occasional hilarious catchphrase, this book will be a source of inspiration for years to come.

A Note From the Publisher

We regret that this electronic galley is not available for Kindle viewing.

We regret that this electronic galley is not available for Kindle viewing.

Really cool concept! Quotes, fictional but still, that can be used playing D&D with friends, or if you're an amateur writer this can help you in your dialogues as well. Funny, smart, cocky, those things heroes say are just fun to read and browse through. I also like the artwork which bring some more to it, and it just is a fun coffee table book for the D&D and fantasy lovers in general!! I highly recommend it for those people!