Lady in Black

Pub Date 09 Jun 2021 | Archive Date Not set
BelleBooks, Inc., Bell Bridge Books

Talking about this book? Use #LadyinBlack #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

The Black Knight Chronicles, Book 8

Vigilante. . . check.

Killer vamp. . . check.

Undead serial murderer. . . check.

Enough alcohol to get Jimmy through this sh*tstorm? Doubtful.

Fists, fangs, and fury. It's all a matter of balance when Jimmy Black, Charlotte's Vampire Master of the City, is tasked with discovering why a mostly bloodless, decapitated body shows up in a dumpster. After a little sniffing around, Jimmy uncovers problems he didn't even know he had. Like a murderous vampire running loose in the city.

To keep the whole supernatural world a secret, Jimmy has to find the vigilante and stop them before the mundane world figures out that the monsters-under-the-bed are really living right next door. But the people the vigilante is killing are people who probably deserve it. So now Jimmy has to balance the safety of the city against the secrecy of the supernatural world. To maintain his leadership of that supernatural world, Jimmy is going to have to step up his game before it's "game over."

Author Bio: Author John G. Hartness is the Epic and Manly Wade Wellman Award-winning writer behind The Black Knight Chronicles from Bell Bridge Books, as well as the Quincy Harker, Demon Hunter and Bubba the Monster Hunter series. In his copious free time, John enjoys long walks on the beach, rescuing kittens from trees, and playing Magic: the Gathering.

The Black Knight Chronicles, Book 8

Vigilante. . . check.

Killer vamp. . . check.

Undead serial murderer. . . check.

Enough alcohol to get Jimmy through this sh*tstorm? Doubtful.

Fists, fangs, and fury...

EDITION Ebook

When the author called this book the penultimate of the series he wasn't kidding. Wow! It's all been leading up to not only this story, but the last books of the series. Jimmy has to come to some realizations about his role as Master of the City. Along with his most trusted, he is hunting a dangerous killer who is putting everyone and everything they hold dear at risk. Greg is also settling into his leadership role and fans will appreciate it. When the killer is revealed you may not be stunned but it definitely runs you through an emotional rollercoaster. I couldn't put it down and the ending had me chomping at the bit for the next book. It is the beginning of the end and while I hate to see this series go, I can't wait to ride the ride!

Even if it's less light than the previous books it's an entertaining and gripping read. Good world building, solid mystery and was happy to catch up with the characters. Recommended. Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine

I was looking for a light, fun UF read after reading a lot of mysteries. There's also a mystery in this book, who is the lady in black? The book wasn't as light or fun as I recall some of the earlier ones in this series (it's been a while since I've read one). However, you're not going to finish the book horribly depressed. The blurb for the book pretty much spells out what to expect with his usual cast of friends popping up to assist. The previous books have kind of being heading towards what finally begins here, Jimmy is truly realizing he is failing at being the Master of the City and has to start re-evaluating his path from here. I hope the next book follows through because I think it would be very interesting. I received my copy from Netgalley in exchange for my honest review.