How to Love Your Neighbor

A Novel

Pub Date 18 Jan 2022 | Archive Date 01 Feb 2022
St. Martin's Press, St. Martin's Griffin

A frothy, effervescent romantic comedy from the author of Ten Rules for Faking It, Sophie Sullivan delivers another read that will have you delighted from start to finish.

Interior Design School? Check. Cute house to fix up? Check.

Sexy, grumpy neighbor who is going to get in the way of your plans? Check. Unfortunately.

Grace Travis has it all figured out. In between finishing school and working a million odd jobs, she’ll get her degree and her dream job. Most importantly, she’ll have a place to belong, something her harsh mother could never make. When an opportunity to fix up—and live in—a little house on the beach comes along, Grace is all in. Until her biggest roadblock moves in next door.

Noah Jansen knows how to make a deal. As a real estate developer, he knows when he's found something special. Something he could even call home. Provided he can expand by taking over the house next door--the house with the combative and beautiful woman living in it.

With the rules for being neighborly going out the window, Grace and Noah are in an all-out feud. But sometimes, your nemesis can show you that home is always where the heart is.

Interior Design School? ...

PRICE CA$22.99 (CAD)

I have been not so patiently waiting for Sophie Sullivan's second book for WAY too long. I loved 10 Rules, but think I just might love How to Love Your Neighbor even more. Noah is a real estate developer who is trying to break free from the image he gained while working with his dad. He moves to a fixer upper on the beach in California and right next door to Grace. Grace is a design student with big goals and a small bank account. She is working nonstop to be successful in school and to make ends meet. When she inherits her grandparents cottage on the beach, her only dream is to move in and fix it up. This neighbors situation creates an enemies to lovers set up that is fun and playful, but not too mean. It creates a tension between Noah and Grace that keeps you turning pages and ignoring your family (that's when you know its good!). The depth of emotion is spot on. The cameos from 10 Rules are so good. I can't wait to share this one with pretty much everyone. Notes for the reader: This can totally be read stand alone. It is closed door, but done very well.

Another five star romcom from Sophie Sullivan! I absolutely loved this book! This book was sweet and romantic but not graphic. I loved the banter between Grace and Noah and the way their relationship developed through projects they completed. Grace is eager to make a new start and finish interior design school after taking care of an elderly man, walking dogs, and working at a coffee shop. She moves into a beach house her grandparents left to her. Noah buys a house on the beach to prove to his dad that he can run a successful business by himself, but he is not satisfied with the size of his lot. He is determined to buy and tear down the house next door so he can have a pool. Noah goes to ask about buying when he realized he met Grace at the beach while she was walking dogs. As they both begin to make upgrades to their homes, things progress for each of them and between them.

Sophie does it again! Move over Mr. Darcy, Noah Jansen is in town. I couldn't wait to get my hands on Sophie's newest book How To Love Your Neighbor after I was blown away by her first book Ten Rules For Faking It. Realizing that this was a semi-sequel (yet easily also a standalone) to Ten Rules, this time following Chris Jansen's brother Noah, I was even more excited to get my hands on it when I did. Following the events of Ten Rules, Noah has properly set up his life in California as a real estate developer. Outside of wanting to create a name for himself in California, what Noah really wants more is the house next door so he can expand, and namely, build a pool. There's only one problem. His new neighbor finally shows up and it just so happens that they've already met earlier that day on the beach when the dogs she was walking got loose to smother him in kisses. Grace is unlike any woman Noah has ever met, which is a good thing and also his worst nightmare. Not only will she not sell her house, but she's also a design student. What starts are enemies-to-lovers quickly turns to a romance like no other. Giving up on trying to fight their feelings, they finally go all-in, but when you've never let yourself fall before, and have the baggage of terrible parents as a past, can they really let go and live the lives they truly desire? I thought this book was a masterpiece in enemies-to-lovers, romcom, behind closed doors romance. The chemistry absolutely jumps off the pages, and Noah Jansen really set the bar high for the literary world of men. I read it in two days, much like Ten Rules because I couldn't put it down. It left a permanent smile on my face and now I'm just hoping there's a third book to bring Wes out West. They're both stubborn and think they know what's best, but they also know the art of apologies and realizing their own shortcomings. Not only do they recognize them, but they acknowledge them. I loved that we didn't get them as a couple and then a quick ending - those always leave me wanting more. I thought it was well thought out and well executed. I can't wait to recommend this to all of my viewers and listeners!

A well-written and charming enemies to friends to lovers romance, this story has engaging characters with believable struggles and a touch of humor. The novel flows well and hits all the romantic comedy stops as the two main characters navigate the bumpy road to true love, each of them discovering along the way that their life purpose turns out to be different than they had planned. This is a fun, sweet tale that is very enjoyable to read.

Plot: I really enjoyed it! Hate to love is one of my favorite tropes, and I think this author did a really good job with it. The romance was fun, and I enjoyed all the side plots happening as well! Characters: I really liked Noah in this author's first book, Ten Rules For Faking It, and I was happy to read this book would be about him. Grace was a fantastic main character as well! (And I loved that she was an interior designer!) I liked all the side characters, their friend/family group was great. And I loved getting to see Everly and Chris from the first book in this one! The Cover: It's really cute! Overall: I loved reading this book! And I now can say that based on this book and Ten Rules For Faking It, I will definitely read everything Sophie Sullivan writes! Overall, I highly recommend reading this book! I received an e-ARC from the publisher.

Holy cuteness and all things adorable! This is my first time reading a book from this author so I missed out on the character appearances from the first book, but it was very cute nonetheless! Sophie Sullivan's writing style makes me thing of traditional romance, what to expect when reading a romance novel and I love that! You get all the romance feels with the cute ball of energy of a main character with a bubbly personality, the love interest that wants to make something of themselves. Two people that wouldn't have met under the unlikeliest of situations, but fell in love instead! Pure romance right there! I also love the fact that Grace is an interior design student! Representing all us interior design students out there! Also the cover? To. Die. For. I love it! This book releases on January 18, 2022. Good way to start the new year! Thank you to NetGalley and St. Martin's Press for the earc in return for an honest review.

Thank you NetGalley for sending this arc for an honest review! Where do I begin? Honestly this was such a fun read it got me out of my reading slump. I just couldn’t stop lol. The concept of the story was written perfectly that I would be concerned if no one had a fun laugh out of this. It was a contemporary rom-com romance, it was 10 things I hate about you x the boy next door. The vibes made me be like… when am I gonna get a hot neighbor to annoy me so I can hate him only to end up in his bed?

this book is so fantastic! please pick it up as soon as possible! this is so good and so cute and so wonderful and all the great and beautiful things. for realz.

What a fun romantic comedy! I loved the chemistry between the characters and the home renovation storyline. This one was lighthearted and kept me engaged.

This was such a fun, lighthearted, give me the good feels book. It was excellently written with good characters in the epitome of a foes to friends romance. She was able to bring their sordid back stories into the story without bringing down the romance. I love the peripheral characters and what they add- Morty as the grumpy old father figure and his sweet motherly love interest Tilly are adorable. It was fun going through the ride of Noah figuring out how to be “normal” and Grace learning how to allow herself to be open to romance. Sprinkle in a little woman power with Grace teaching Noah how to get his hands dirty and teaching him the value of doing something yourself. It was a great hallmark style romance novel with playful banter, of course a few bumps along the way but ultimately a happy true love ending. I very much enjoyed reading this and will definitely be checking out her first book! Thank you Sophie Sullivan and St Martins Griffin for allowing me to read and review this book.

I had the pleasure of being able to read How to Love Your Neighbor before it’s published in a few months. I’d like to start off by saying that I’m a sucker for sunshine + grump trope. Grace and Noah deliver just that. What I loved most about this book is that both of the characters have more in common than they think and it’s what brings them closer together. Literally so close that they can’t stay away from each other, despite them hating each other! I loved watching the characters evolve and finally come to terms with their feelings for each other. I honestly couldn’t put this one down!

Loveddddd this book! Grace and Noah were great characters with perfect chemistry. Read the entire book in one sitting - just devoted it. Irresistible!

Thank you to the author, publisher, and NetGalley for blessing me with this eARC in exchange for an honest review. And I did feel blessed. I LOVED IT. It pulled me right out of my slump, and had me sneaking pages at my desk and hiding in the bathroom so I could keep reading. My soul need a good romance and this hit SO MANY TROPES in ALL MY FAVORITE WAYS. Sunshine meets grump✔ Enemies to lovers? ✔ Forced Proximity? ✔ Reformed rich asshole ✔ Sassy retired folks? ✔ We get to watch the characters GROW. We get to enjoy the relationship instead of them getting together in the last 5 pages. We even get cameos from Everly & Chris from 10 Rules For Faking It. For me, this was 5 stars.

I loved this sequel! It could easily be read as a stand alone but it is nice to see familiar characters pop up throughout this book. I enjoyed the aspect of home design in this story as well as the large cast of characters. I feel like we need a book about the third brother now!

wow where do I begin! I am such a fan of the hate to lovers troupe and I though this was done so well. The plot kept me so engaged and enamored in the story. I thought the writing was so fun and fit the story well. I love a good rom com book and this book came through! I loved the chemistry between the two main characters and I can't get them out of my head! Overall such a good fluffy lighthearted read. Thank you net galley and the publishers for letting me have the e arc!!