Nettle & Bone
by T. Kingfisher
This title was previously available on NetGalley and is now archived.
Send NetGalley books directly to your Kindle or Kindle app
To read on a Kindle or Kindle app, please add email@example.com as an approved email address to receive files in your Amazon account. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Also find your Kindle email address within your Amazon account, and enter it here.
Pub Date 26 Apr 2022 | Archive Date 26 Apr 2022
Macmillan-Tor/Forge, Tor Books
An Instant USA Today & Indie Bestseller
An Oprah Daily Top 25 Fantasy Book of 2022
An NPR Best Sci Fi, Fantasy, & Speculative Fiction Book of 2022
A Goodreads Best Fantasy Choice Award Nominee
From Hugo, Nebula, and Locus award-winning author T. Kingfisher comes an original and subversive fantasy adventure.
*A very special hardcover edition, featuring gold foil stamp on the casing and custom endpapers illustrated by the author.*
This isn't the kind of fairytale where the princess marries a prince.
It's the one where she kills him.
Marra never wanted to be a hero.
As the shy, convent-raised, third-born daughter, she escaped the traditional fate of princesses, to be married away for the sake of an uncaring throne. But her sister wasn’t so fortunate—and after years of silence, Marra is done watching her suffer at the hands of a powerful and abusive prince.
Seeking help for her rescue mission, Marra is offered the tools she needs, but only if she can complete three seemingly impossible tasks:
—build a dog of bones
—sew a cloak of nettles
—capture moonlight in a jar
But, as is the way in tales of princes and witches, doing the impossible is only the beginning.
Hero or not—now joined by a disgraced ex-knight, a reluctant fairy godmother, an enigmatic gravewitch and her fowl familiar—Marra might finally have the courage to save her sister, and topple a throne.
“Nettle & Bone is the kind of book that immediately feels like an old friend. Fairytale mythic resonance meets homey pragmatism in this utterly delightful story. It's creepy, funny, heartfelt, and full of fantastic characters I absolutely loved!” —Melissa Caruso, author of The Tethered Mage
- National author tour
- National print and online publicity campaign
- National consumer advertising including publications such as The Mary Sue, Bustle, Tumblr, Instagram, Paste, and more
- Early-reader trade and consumer review campaign including advertising, major ARC mailings, giveaways via Shelf Awareness, Goodreads and NetGalley
- Indie Next campaign
- Curated influencer mailing targeting Bookstagrammers, Booktubers, and BookTok tastemakers
- Extensive digital marketing campaign featuring review quote and teaser cards, author interviews, videos and essays, quizzes, lists, mood boards, character guides, sweepstakes, and social media takeovers
- Digital preview
- Tor.com promotions including excerpts and review
Available on NetGalley
Average rating from 241 members
Readers who liked this book also liked:
Kiran Millwood Hargrave
Emily Wibberley; Austin Siegemund-Broka