Fall in Love, Have Children, Stay Put, Save the Planet, Be Happy

Pub Date 02 Nov 2021 | Archive Date Not set
HCI Books, Health Communications Inc

A Post-Pandemic Blueprint for Rebalancing Work and Family in Favor of Love and Living

When the COVID-19 pandemic shut down our world, the forced sheltering in place with our families opened many people’s eyes to how we were meant to live. The only real “how to” for a happy life is simple and exists in our DNA: a meaningful, loving connection to others. We evolved to feel happiest when caring for others, not when seeking power over them.

Bestselling author Frank Schaeffer implores us to follow this directive: Fall in Love, Have Children, Stay Put, Save the Planet, Be Happy. Happiness is not found reaching for the brass ring of career success, and Schaeffer argues that American capitalism and the faux “family values” of his evangelical upbringing and embraced by the far right is destroying us as well as the planet. This captivating read is a thought-provoking mix of compelling scientific and social research reinforced with poignant moments from Schaeffer’s life with his grandchildren. Ultimately, he offers a plan for making life fairer—for everyone—including a legislative agenda for making that happen.

Send To Kindle (PDF)