Tangled Lies

Pub Date 22 Jul 2021 | Archive Date 29 Sep 2021

Talking about this book? Use #TangledLies #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

On an icy day in February, African American grandmother Vera Moon arrives home to find her grown son Charlie brutally murdered. She vows to find the killer who has managed to elude the police. Not knowing where to begin, Vera is involved in a suspicious hit-and-run car accident, witnessed by a young Irish American woman, Dani, on the run from the train-wreck of her own life. As circumstances throw Vera and Dani into an unlikely alliance, the two find themselves embroiled in a web of truths and lies that imperils them both, but also may bring Charlie’s murderer to justice.

A Note From the Publisher

Creating stories to entertain her friends since she was a girl in The Bronx, NY, Karen always wanted to write. At sixteen, beneath her high school graduation picture, read Ambition: Writer. Marriage, children, and career sidelined her passion. Her novel, Getting It Right, Akashic Books, debuted June 2017. Retired from The Osborne Group, an international consulting firm, Karen lives in Florida with her husband, Robert. She serves on the state board of Easterseals Florida.

EDITION Ebook

I enjoyed this book it was well written with good character development/relatable characters and relatable moments that dealt with very raw emotions in a beautiful way. I read this fast I could not put it down with plenty of twists to keep me guessing, I am definitely going to be looking for more from this author, highly recommended

On an icy day in February, African American grandmother Vera Moon arrives home to find her grown son Charlie brutally murdered. She vows to find the killer who has managed to elude the police. Not knowing where to begin, Vera is involved in a suspicious hit-and-run car accident, witnessed by a young Irish American woman, Dani, on the run from the train-wreck of her own life. As circumstances throw Vera and Dani into an unlikely alliance, the two find themselves embroiled in a web of truths and lies that imperils them both. I was engrossed from start to finish; such a well-crafted, thrilling and moving story surely marks this author as an author to watch. I can't wait for more!

Great characters, some you’ll love, many you’ll hate, all make up this page-turning murder mystery. Osborn weaves a story with twists and turns, lies upon lies to a most satisfying end. A fun read.