Hope's Work

Facing the future in an age of crises

Pub Date 27 May 2021 | Archive Date Not set
Darton Longman Todd, Darton Longman & Todd Ltd

Talking about this book? Use #HopesWork #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Hope is a determination to live for what is worth living for today, whatever tomorrow may bring. In the bleakest of times hope may seem beyond our grasp, but David Gee’s stirring book helps us to see where we might find it, step-by-step, moment-by-moment, in ourselves, in those alongside us, and in the world around us. Hope’s Work is written to re-fresh and re-engage people who struggle to keep faith with hope in an age of violence and crisis, and is essential reading for our times. Drawing on stories of hope and resistance from past and present, this short, beautifully-designed book goes in search of what is worth living and working for, even as the future becomes harder to face.

David Gee is a writer and speaker on nonviolent social change, with over two decades’ experience campaigning for peace and human rights. Supported by the Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust, he works with groups around the UK exploring the practical meaning of hope in an increasingly violent world.

ISBN 9781913657031