Words from the Window Seat

The Everyday Magic of Kindness, Courage, and Being Your True Self

Pub Date 12 Oct 2021 | Archive Date Not set
Nelson Books, Thomas Nelson

Talking about this book? Use #WordsfromtheWindowSeat #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

With charm, inspiration, and plenty of whimsy, Taylor reminds us that even in a weary world, it’s possible to celebrate the beauty in each person’s unique story—and make a difference that goes deeper than you’ll ever know.

Flight attendant Taylor Tippett had just finished beverage service and was sitting in the back of a Boeing 737 when she had a revelation: How can I show kindness to these passengers if I can’t show it to myself? She grabbed a tiny notepad and a Sharpie and wrote: “Be kind to yourself.” Before she had time to think about it, Taylor taped the note to a window, posted a picture, and then left the slip of paper in a seat-back pocket for someone on the next flight to find. And soon what started as a personal project to encourage herself and others became a viral sensation.

In Words from the Window Seat, Taylor shares stories of her travels, daily life, and interactions with people of all kinds, anchoring each chapter around a note she’s left for a stranger to find. As she takes you from Chicago to Paris to Barcelona on planes, trains, and even a skateboard, you’ll

learn how to embody love in the midst of someone else’s ordinary day through little acts of kindness;discover the small moments of magic that happen when you have the courage to find them; andfind ways to embrace your authentic self, even though life can be hard.

With charm, inspiration, and plenty of whimsy, Taylor reminds us that even in a weary world, it’s possible to celebrate the beauty in each person’s unique story—and make a difference that goes deeper...

Send To Kindle (PDF)